Warm key..

So, I have a 90 Olds Cutlass supreme. It was hot outside yesterday, and when I got home, I pulled the key out of the ignition, and noticed it was hot. I also noticed that the metal portion of the steering column was hot
also. Should I be worried?
Could an exhaust pipe be heating the column ? I doubt it's electrical, as the switches are auctuated by long rods on most cars. Pre column ignition switches carried current in the lock cylinder body, newer cars have switches mounted near floor.
No. Metal parts get hot when it's hot outside.... Try touching a piece of chrome on your car when it's 95+ outside....

Better yet, try starting my 86 Bonneville when it's that hot and the sun has been shining on the ignition for awhile...
Chris
Lol same with my park ave :)

of
has
Thanks for the reply guys... I had some trouble with wiring in the gas tank, and replaced it using a different harness so I was a little concerned .. but I'm not worried about it any longer.