*WARNING* Changing spark plugs on 2003 S-10 w/ 2.2L

Ahhhh.....you are simply avoiding the obvious fact that you didn't know a 2.2 in an S-10 was a 4 cylinder engine. We expect more from you....the defender and upholder of General Motors pride!

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

The 3.3L in the minivans you had to unbolt the engine mount and pivot the engine forward to get it, that was documented in the repair manual I had for it. The first time I changed them I had to pull the plenum to replace the leaking valve cover gaskets so I got to them that way. Second time I was able to crawl under and replace from there.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

Ok....hang on a second....what exactly are you talking about? Removing spark plugs, removing the oil filter....what? Clarify and then I'll tell you whether you have to pivot the engine forward to do any of the above (hint: you don't)

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Sorry, the spark plugs. And as I mentioned I found out that I didn't have to pivot the engine forward because I went from underneath once and has the intake off the other time so the "by the book method" was wrong.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

"If?" He flat out stated which engine it is.

Like I said, since when is a wobble socket a special tool? (or special "toll" as you call it)

English is not your first language, is it?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

And that would be which of the four chassis groups listed?

C'mon Mr. Race car driver, you can do it.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
SgtSilicon

Okay, the list is edited.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Well, you don't have to do what he described to replace spark plugs either, whether it be the 3.3 or the 3.0 engine.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

That was the subject of the orig> That is what a dealership means when they say in their ads. "We have all of

end quoted message------------------------------------------------

How a MoPar oil filter relates to a Chevy S-10 spark plug is beyond me.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Si, amigo

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Again I ask why did he have a problem changing the plugs? There are no special tools, required to change the plugs on a four.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Having memory problems?

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The question mark is an obvious typo.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I believe you. I was just saying it seemed one was talking about plugs, the other about filters.

Reply to
SgtSilicon