*WARNING* Changing spark plugs on 2003 S-10 w/ 2.2L

Page 2 of 2
SgtSilicon wrote:

Well, you don't have to do what he described to replace spark plugs either, whether it be the 3.3 or the 3.0 engine.
Ian

I believe you. I was just saying it seemed one was talking about plugs, the other about filters.
snipped-for-privacy@ihatespam.net (SgtSilicon) wrote:

That was the subject of the original post. Our resident wannabe interjected this:
begin quoted message----------------------------------------------

end quoted message------------------------------------------------
How a MoPar oil filter relates to a Chevy S-10 spark plug is beyond me.

I that is the case, my guess would be you were not born yet ;)
mike hunt

George Jetson wrote:

I changed the plugs on my 2000 and the brackets were in the way, but it was real easy to unbolt the brackets and even the compressor and move them out of my way. The whole job took less than an hour.

engineers,
operation,
was
No no no. Rather than doing it the right way, he'd rather beat on his truck with a hammer and chisel then blame it on GM engineering.

Isn't it strange how blowing out more birthday candles gives us more time?--to think!...........some call it patience. s
Considering that todays engine can easily be run to 100K before one needs to change the plugs it is a minor inconvenience. Especially when the alternative is to buy one that has 4cy engine that leaves the car underpowered ;)
mike hunt

He -is- talking about a 4 cylinder.
If it has a four, why would he need special tolls to remove the plugs? ;)
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

Ahhhh.....you are simply avoiding the obvious fact that you didn't know a 2.2 in an S-10 was a 4 cylinder engine. We expect more from you....the defender and upholder of General Motors pride!
Ian
Again I ask why did he have a problem changing the plugs? There are no special tools, required to change the plugs on a four.
mike hunt

"If?" He flat out stated which engine it is.

Like I said, since when is a wobble socket a special tool? (or special "toll" as you call it)

English is not your first language, is it?
Si, amigo
mike hunt