washer fluid on 91 regal

I have a 99 Regal LS w/ 97K mi. Recently, the washer fluid doesn't come out of the blades. I already checked, there's plenty of fluid. I took it quickly to a Valvoline, and they used a paper clip to try to 'clean' out the dispenser. After that, it appears that if I keep pressing the washer fluid on the turn signal on and off quickly, it will work.

He mentioned there was a 'something' (sorry, I forgot now) in the engine compartment that would tell the fluid to start and then stop, maybe that part is going. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
Michael Sovitzky

Hi Michael...

Happened to me, too. Lots of gunk on the filter screen in the bottle. Cleaned it off, it worked for a while and then gunked up again.

Final solution was to remove the bottle, wash it thoroughly with hot soapy water, and put it back. Hasn't acted up since.

I guess I created the problem myself. Found bits and pieces of whatever that is under the cap (the white cardboard-y seal) on a jug of anti-freeze. Guess I accidentally let it get in, and it dissolved to gummy stuff.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel