Water in floor

I have water in the floor of the front passenger seat and both back seats. Nothing is wet but floor. I have standing water in the back. Car is a 94 buick skylark. Anybody know where water is getting in?

Reply to
skylark1

Shep

If it was summertime, I'd say;

"a blocked A/C drain hose"

Reply to
Anonymous

even in winter it may be; most (all?) cars run the A/C compressor when in "defrost" mode. Also could be blocked cowl drains, if applicable.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

The car is 13 years old now. Have you looked underneath it for signs of a rotted floor pan? If it were just one foot area I'd suggest bad door seals, but with such a widespread affected area I'd be more suspicious of a rotted out floor.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Does it smell like antifreeze? Could be your heater core is leaking. Also noticeable if the windshield fogs up badly inside when you run your heater.

Aside from that, have a friend spray the car with a hose, while you're in it ... paying special attention to the front wheelwells.

- Larry A.

Reply to
Larry A.

Reply to
Chevrolet

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that the water accumulated while car was sitting still so it wasn't coming from water splashing up from the ground. I will check out your suggestions.

Reply to
skylark1

Shall I assume it also rained? Then it's obviously a leak. You'll have to examine the body very carefully for leaks.

Twice I've had rain leaks with new cars. Both times it was a body joint with a very small hole.

With such an old car it may be a rust hole or a poor window seal.

Reply to
Just Facts

My 93 Old Achieva (same body as the Grand Am & Skylard) had the same problem; after a mild rain there would be a lot of water on the passenger side floor.

There was a TSB, #431607 that addressed the problem. The bulletin had instructions on installing a deflector around the air inlet for the heater-A/C. I had the dealer do it; here's a link to someone who did it themselves:

bottom of the page.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Reply to