Water in floor

I have water in the floor of the front passenger seat and both back seats. Nothing is wet but floor. I have standing water in the back. Car is a 94
buick skylark. Anybody know where water is getting in?
Not here, pull the carpets dry them out, get in the car have someone spray water all aroun that side and look for the source of the leaks, no other way.

-

If it was summertime, I'd say;
"a blocked A/C drain hose"
<rj>
<RJ> wrote:

even in winter it may be; most (all?) cars run the A/C compressor when in "defrost" mode. Also could be blocked cowl drains, if applicable.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

The car is 13 years old now. Have you looked underneath it for signs of a rotted floor pan? If it were just one foot area I'd suggest bad door seals, but with such a widespread affected area I'd be more suspicious of a rotted out floor.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

gm cars......moslty corsica/ grand am... had bad windshield seal.. leaked in through the bottom.. pop your hood and make sure no leaves have clogged the drain areas....forces water sometim es into the vent system. Spraying water will do nothing.. unles you use a garden hose and soak the shit out of the windshield and have someone in the car watching.. I've seen people buy dye kits and soak the hell out of the car and use the glasses to check where the source is.. good luck

Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that the water accumulated while car was sitting still so it wasn't coming from water splashing up from the ground. I will check out your suggestions.
In article

Shall I assume it also rained? Then it's obviously a leak. You'll have to examine the body very carefully for leaks.
Twice I've had rain leaks with new cars. Both times it was a body joint with a very small hole.
With such an old car it may be a rust hole or a poor window seal.

My 93 Old Achieva (same body as the Grand Am & Skylard) had the same problem; after a mild rain there would be a lot of water on the passenger side floor.
There was a TSB, #431607 that addressed the problem. The bulletin had instructions on installing a deflector around the air inlet for the heater-A/C. I had the dealer do it; here's a link to someone who did it themselves:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/t610667-94_skylark___running_lights_but_no_headlights.html - bottom of the page.
Hope this helps.
Bob