Wax and chips?

Hi, I just bought a 2003 Cavalier LS Sport and I had a couple questions:

First, does anyone know of a "good" wax to use? On my 94 Cavalier I just used Mothers wax which seemed to work good but since there are many new waxes on the market I want to check to see if there is anything better.

Second, there's nothing worse then buying a brand new car and then slowly watching all the marks and chips from stones diminish the appearance. Is there anyway to protect the front of the car from such damage? Also since there's ground effects on the Sport model mudflaps really aren't an option. So is there also a way to protect the the paint from stuff kicked up from the tires?

Thanks in advance! Ryan Brouzakis

Reply to
Baz_drum

Wax is like oil, user's preference. As for the stone chips, see:

GW

Baz_drum wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I don't remember where I saw it but there is an outfit online that sells kits for vehicles. All pre-cut items.

Reply to
Steve W.

have use for years no pr9blems. this is there web page

raven

Use any clear coat wax . Don't use your Mothers - go buy your own.

Also it don't matter how shinny the car looks in ten years if its over

100,000 miles the value it Waaaaaaay down. I ought to know!

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

The best wax is the kid you use often. It's like oil. If someone asks me what's the best oil, I say "clean oil."

Gary

Reply to
GARY