Wax and chips?

Hi, I just bought a 2003 Cavalier LS Sport and I had a couple questions:
First, does anyone know of a "good" wax to use? On my 94 Cavalier I just
used Mothers wax which seemed to work good but since there are many new waxes on the market I want to check to see if there is anything better.
Second, there's nothing worse then buying a brand new car and then slowly watching all the marks and chips from stones diminish the appearance. Is there anyway to protect the front of the car from such damage? Also since there's ground effects on the Sport model mudflaps really aren't an option. So is there also a way to protect the the paint from stuff kicked up from the tires?
Thanks in advance! Ryan Brouzakis
Wax is like oil, user's preference. As for the stone chips, see:
http://cms.3m.com/cms/US/en/2-168/clelFFC/view.jhtml
GW
Baz_drum wrote:

And what do you protect the film with???

It's a clear sheet that goes over the paint. It's my understanding that you can't even tell where it stops and the paint starts.

I read in PopMechMag that you can feel it with your hand but can't see it. It's only sold in very large sheets right now though, so it's usually cheaper to have it installed at a shop than to buy the giant roll. GW
Mike Levy wrote:

I don't remember where I saw it but there is an outfit online that sells kits for vehicles. All pre-cut items.
--
Steve Williams
Fort Plain NY

pagehttp://www.epinions.com/auto-Care-All-Liquid_Glass
Use any clear coat wax . Don't use your Mothers - go buy your own.
Also it don't matter how shinny the car looks in ten years if its over 100,000 miles the value it Waaaaaaay down. I ought to know!
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
The best wax is the kid you use often. It's like oil. If someone asks me what's the best oil, I say "clean oil."
Gary