wax new car?

Just bought a new GMC pickup (silver) and I'm wondering if it's wise to wax it or should I wait a certain amount of time first?

John

Reply to
John

Probably OK...When was it built?

Reply to
noname

John proclaimed:

Ask the body shop guy at your dealer to be certain. The paint on new vehicles is baked so it should be ready. Most dealers offer a glorified wax sealer as an option for delivery.

Reply to
Lon

One can wax a vehicle every week if they wish. As long as water is still beading up you are just wasting time and money, however.

mike hunt

John wrote:

Reply to
RustyFendor

One thing, though - use a liquid or simmilar wax with zero abraseives in it. That basically means carnuba wax with little or no additives. I get this paste myself and it turns into melted butter after a few minutes in the sun.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Polymers work better on today paints however. They are a lot less expensive and easier to apply as well.

mike hunt

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2