Weird car noises

Hello, I have a 2001 Intrigue, and have been having some problems with it. I have gotten new brakes put in by Firestone about 3-4 mths ago. Just recently, I have been hearing some weird noises coming from the front passenger side. The noise is more like a motorbike running next to the car(not that loud, but..), and it comes only when the car is in motion. It does not when its idle. Now I'm not sure what is wrong with this since I'm a novice when it comes to cars!! Can anyone advice/comment regarding this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Reply to
snalion

Sounds like a wheel bearing, although it's a little early for those to go bad on a 2001. But if it's on all the time, when you are not applying the brakes, and when you are moving in neutral, then it's definitely a wheel bearing.

Reply to
Svilen Stoicheff

While it's moving and making the noise, barely depress the brake pedal and see if it stops the noise. If so, the pads can be lightly contacting the rotors & causing the noise. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

if they're anything like the bearings in my '00 malibu, it's not too early....I'm on my 4th set of 'em...does it get louder when you corner?

Reply to
bass-player