What brake pads?

My daughter's 2000 Alero is in need of brake attention. There seems to be a bewildering array of pads available for this car. Organic. Ceramic. OEM. And on and on.

What type and brand pads would you recommend for this machine?

Is there a particular rotor manufacturer that you are fond of?

Reply to
Silver Surfer

I've used strickly GM pads on my car. I get about 40,000 miles out of the fronts pads. Rear Drum brakes last

125,000 miles.

Not sure of other brands of rotors.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~291,332 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Rotors are throwaways now-a-days. They are made a cheaply and thinly as possible. Pads: I like semi-metal or ceramic. Stay away from organic.

« Paul »

I've been pleased with the Raybestos Quiet Stop pads. FWIW YMMV DFB

For email remove "_no_spam_"

Reply to
MisterSkippy

I really like the Raybestos Quiet Stop pads I installed on our 2002 Olds Silhoette.

Raybestos or Wagner are safe choices.

John

Reply to
John Horner