What brake pads?

My daughter's 2000 Alero is in need of brake attention. There seems to be a bewildering array of pads available for this car. Organic. Ceramic. OEM.
And on and on.
What type and brand pads would you recommend for this machine?
Is there a particular rotor manufacturer that you are fond of?
I've used strickly GM pads on my car. I get about 40,000 miles out of the fronts pads. Rear Drum brakes last 125,000 miles.
Not sure of other brands of rotors.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~291,332 miles_~_~_
It really depends on how much you want to spend. Just 2 weeks ago I decided to try the Monroe pads. So far they are great. The good thing about them is that there are no choices or grades to confuse you and you get a little tube of anti squeal gunk with them which I thought was kinda neat. I always in the past used Raybestos brand and they are good also. Obviously if you have the coin,Ceramic is the way to go. On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 03:02:09 GMT, "Silver Surfer"

Silver Surfer wrote:

Rotors are throwaways now-a-days. They are made a cheaply and thinly as possible. Pads: I like semi-metal or ceramic. Stay away from organic. http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/why_ceramic_brake_pads.html
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 03:02:09 GMT, "Silver Surfer"

I've been pleased with the Raybestos Quiet Stop pads. FWIW YMMV DFB
For email remove "_no_spam_"

I really like the Raybestos Quiet Stop pads I installed on our 2002 Olds Silhoette.

Raybestos or Wagner are safe choices.
John