What can damage the ignition Coil? Venture 00

The scanner reads miss fire on 6th cylinder. Gm replaced my intake manifold gasket. While doing that he did me a favor and looked into the miss fire problem. He said, that he is 90% sure that the ignition coil
needs to be replaced. But I am not sure how he determined that. I used a good fuel injector cleaner but that did not help. and also replace the park plug and wires.
lbbs wrote:

The internal insulation breaks down. I don't know why... Cheap materials probably. Your vehicle has 3 coils. Swap the bad coil with one of the other 2 and see if the problem follows the coil.
Heat and poor quality control are the prime factors. Easy enough to find out if it's bad, just swap it with another cylinder. If the other one starts showing a misfire code then he was right. You can also trying putting an ohm meter on the suspected one and a good one. They should measure different (probably on the secondary side).