What could possibly be wrong??

I have a 01' GMC Yukon XL and the "low coolant" light comes on every week. I put coolant in this vehicle at least once a week. Initially I thought I
had a leak but there are no leak spots in my garage. It's not a computer problem because I really do have to refill the coolant reservior every week. What could possibly be wrong?
Ms. Angela wrote:

Hate to tell you this, but coolant loss without a leak is generally a sign of a blown head gasket. If it's something else, it's probably something worse. Check your oil and transmission fluid; if they look milky DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR. If they look OK, it's OK to drive, but definitely get it checked out ASAP.
good luck,
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Ms. Angela wrote:

There is a leak. You, or someone else, will have to find it: head gasket intake gasket hose heater core radiator water pump and anywhere else the coolant goes.
You're right. I guess I didn't look hard enough the first time. I looked this morning and it is beading up under the car. I'm going to take it to the GM dealer tomorrow. I've been reading all the talk about Dex-Cool and its problems and I really hope it's not the Dex-cool causing corrosion because that is what I've been using.
Thanks again for your quick reply.
=?x-user-defined?Q??= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q??= wrote:

"Ms. Angela via CarKB.com" wrote

It will have nothing to do with the Dexcool. I'd be very surprised if they didn't find that the water pump gaskets are leaking. This is usually the cause of the coolant leaks on the new gen small block engines. Every now and then, we see the head gaskets leaking. Intake gasket leaks on these engines are non-existant, as they don't use a "wet" manifold design anymore.
Ian
Ms. Angela via CarKB.com wrote:

I'm sure you probably won't see it quite the same way, but this is actually good news. It means that it's not dumping the coolant into your oil and/or transmission, either one of which would be a seriously Bad Thing. As it is you just have to repair what's leaking and keep on truckin'.
good luck,
nate