What do you love about driving???

Page 1 of 3
What i love about driving is when a car is tailgating me ( 2002 Silverado pickup ) in the far left lane. He attempts to pass me in the right lane only to get behind a slower moving car that we were both about to pass.. I
speed up just enough that he can't make the window to get in front of me... The car that was behind him, catches up to me and the jerk that tryed to pass me ends up 2 cars behind me. =-) Man i love that.....
So what do you all love about driving?????

What annoys me about driving is when people drive the exact same speed as the person next to them, and are blocking the road so I can't go through. I don't mean to tailgate, but take a hint and get the hell out of the way... left lane = faster. If you dropped the average american driver into the middle of the autobahn they would be driven through in 10 minutes, no courtesy to oncoming traffic whatsoever.
Other annoying things: driving with headlights out, driving with taillights out, driving with foglamps on when its clear, driving with one foglamp on, clear or not. driving with those cheapo wanna-be blue HID headlamps. Driving with your brights on, driving down the road with the blinker still on. making a turn and pumping the breaks, so I dont know if your on the brakes or actually turning. Driving with one foot on the gas, and the other on the brake, so I dont know if your braking or not. not doing at least the speed limit, not doing at least the speed limit in the left lane, not getting out of my way when you see me coming in the left lane. doing makeup/eating/talking on the phone while driving. Changing to an open lane at an intersection at the last moment, and then not going any faster then the person you just got out from behind..

What about the people that're going to turn but first can't move over and have to come to a complete stop?
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com says...

The other day me and my boss were on a delivery. Some DUMB BITCH was using the parking lane as a right turn lane. Here we are in our WIDE GMC cube van. There is no way in hell my boss is going to let her hang half her car into our lane and he lays the horn on solid while she thinks we are going to let her in. She moves over while giving us the "birdie" while I roll down my window and yell every profanity you can think of :-) We were less than 4" inches apart and the lugnuts on the front rim were about to make pretty artwork on the side of her car! Had we had the old '84 yellow GMC beater we would have put the trunk into the side of her car on principle.
Dennis Smith
I love the people that don't know how to use the center turning lanes that run for blocks at a time. PEOPLE you can pull into the center turn lanes 1/2 a block away, 100, 200 or 300 feet away and drive up to & stop even at the driveway you want to turn into. Provided there is no car coming toward you in the center turnlane.
Don't get in the turn lane 8 feet from where you need to turn, thus partially blocking the through lane bcause you pulled over to late.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,100 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Amen to that. Also, please turn into the NEAREST lane when turning onto a street, not whatever farther out lane your lazy ass feels like leisurely & gently arcing into.
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 01:19:07 -0600 (CST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:18:25 -0700, "Paradox"

Hi. I think the question was about what you like about driving, not what you don't. It would seem the poster you were responding to enjoys pissing off drivers like you as the best part of driving.
Anyway though, looking at your response above, I can't help but make a comment and ask a question. Left lane doesn't equal fast on most streets or roadways. Left lane does equal fast lane on roads where you only enter and exit on the right side (like interstates for example). Now the question, what if cars next to each other are both doing the speed limit; is that a problem for you?
** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
foolspicedham_melbo snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Its not a fast lane its a passing lane. Speed limit or not, if a persons not passing, why the heck are they in it? Just thought I'd point that out considering everyone seems to forget that.
My point is it is not a passing lane any more than the right lane is a passing lane. They're just lanes. A lot of folks seem to have the imperception that the concept of the expressways and interstates carries over onto more mundane roadways. It doesn't. When turning off the road is allowed to the left, or cars from the left are allowed to turn onto the road and head in your direction with you, the left lane _might_ even be considered less ideal than the right lane for going faster, passing or whatever. But in any case, code says they're just lanes.
Also, if two cars next to each other are doing the speed limit, fast/passing lane or not, the only way one should get ahead of the other is if the other one slows down; according to the law anyway. So even when there is a "rule" that one lane is considered a passing lane (like on an interstate), why should drivers be expected to obey that rule so that other drivers can ignore the speed limit rule? In short, why does it always seem like the rule to break is always the one that suits the complainer best?
I don't mean to really direct this at you Bonneville. I'm just taking the opportunity to stimulate discussion and learn wisdom from new sources.

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.

Yes its a problem, they can both be doing the speed limit in the same lane. driving a line abreast is a bad idea anyways, it leaves them both with one less place to manuever, and if one of them has to swerve to avoid something, they are most likely going to hit the other.
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 07:40:16 -0700, "Paradox"

You bring up a good point. It is wisest for them not to travel neck and neck abrest like that. But it is for those reasons you just mention; not because others feel entitled to exceed the speed limit and expect everyone to get out of there way to accomodate it.
** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
If a fellow driver wishes to keep me from speeding, or keep me bottled up in a pack of drivers/cellphone users/make-up appliers, then they had better apply to the police academy first. People who are dumb enough to drive two abreast for no reason....you don't WANT TO BE NEAR! Distance and speed can be your greatest assets for staying alive in traffic. Average drivers today have less brainpower than the computers in the vehicles they're driving! Ever see a Soccer-Mom S.U.V. go 30 mph through a snow squall in the left lane with 10 people packed up behind? Because she doesn't KNOW which knob turns on the 4x4?! Ever see people reading books or watching TV while driving?
http://community.webtv.net/EDdaTREE/MUDTHUGS4X4CLUB

Was waiting at an on ramp meter light one day, two abreast w/the guy next to me. He's boppin' along with his headphones one waiting like all of us for his chance to get to the light and enter the freeway. There at the light sits a MN Trooper, watching so people don;t run the light. Guy see him and reaches over to put his seatbelt on. Trooper sees him with 'phones on and waves him over. No reply. Hits his horn and waves, no reply. Hits the lights, sirens and FD truck horn (LOUD) no reply.
Gets outta car, knocks on guys window and writes him several tickets.
headphone use is illegal in MN, guy thought when he saw the cop he should put his belt on, but forgot the other thing, LOL
Wir welle bleiwe wat mir sin (Letzebuergesch)
Exceeding the speed limit is proven to be one of the most dangerous driving habits. Speed kills. Granted, it makes a difference of by how much in excess, and the reflexes of the driver and performance of the vehicle but the basic idea is sound. Higher speed equals less reaction time.
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:22:42 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EDWARD BELLUS) wrote:

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
You ought to try that STUNT of yours on the Chicago expressways, You'd get passed in the far right lane by the car that was tailgating you. Don't tell me you wouldn't because I see it happen all the time when somebody in the left lane isn't moving fast enough.
Next thing you know YOUR behind the BMW that was behind you 2 blocks back. LOL. And its not just dudes doing it, these little girls fly by their boot heels to.
Me, I'm just glad my car will still do 70 mph.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,100 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
HAHAHAH, a fellow Chicagoan. Been there done that ;)

I remember going through Chicago to go somewhere and there was this girl in a MB C230 Kompressor and we were going like 80 trying to keep up with traffic and she just passed us. Then we came back a few nights later and traffic was going like 70. Is it like high-speed mornings low-speed nights or something? (BTW...that was like everytime that I've been in Chicago it's happened like that).
Pretty much true. If the traffic is low to moderate, most people will be going 70ish, while the far left lane will be going 80+ whenever possible. But in rush hour, you feel fast going 5-10mph. I love this town, I wish they expanded their highways to make more lanes for rush hour

I don't mind it, it's kinda neat going thru it at night. And more lanes won't help with rush hour, you'll always have the people waiting and cutting off other people to get into a lane that they think is going to go faster or move longer.
Makes you wonder what they do with all that toll money they collect down there. I live in your neighbor state to the north. No tolls and far better roads. We have plenty of gas tax though. ;-(

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.