What do you love about driving???

What i love about driving is when a car is tailgating me ( 2002 Silverado pickup ) in the far left lane. He attempts to pass me in the right lane only to get behind a slower moving car that we were both about to pass.. I speed up just enough that he can't make the window to get in front of me... The car that was behind him, catches up to me and the jerk that tryed to pass me ends up 2 cars behind me. =-) Man i love that.....

So what do you all love about driving?????

Reply to
bob shiply

What annoys me about driving is when people drive the exact same speed as the person next to them, and are blocking the road so I can't go through. I don't mean to tailgate, but take a hint and get the hell out of the way... left lane = faster. If you dropped the average american driver into the middle of the autobahn they would be driven through in 10 minutes, no courtesy to oncoming traffic whatsoever.

Other annoying things: driving with headlights out, driving with taillights out, driving with foglamps on when its clear, driving with one foglamp on, clear or not. driving with those cheapo wanna-be blue HID headlamps. Driving with your brights on, driving down the road with the blinker still on. making a turn and pumping the breaks, so I dont know if your on the brakes or actually turning. Driving with one foot on the gas, and the other on the brake, so I dont know if your braking or not. not doing at least the speed limit, not doing at least the speed limit in the left lane, not getting out of my way when you see me coming in the left lane. doing makeup/eating/talking on the phone while driving. Changing to an open lane at an intersection at the last moment, and then not going any faster then the person you just got out from behind..

Reply to
Paradox

What about the people that're going to turn but first can't move over and have to come to a complete stop?

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

You ought to try that STUNT of yours on the Chicago expressways, You'd get passed in the far right lane by the car that was tailgating you. Don't tell me you wouldn't because I see it happen all the time when somebody in the left lane isn't moving fast enough.

Next thing you know YOUR behind the BMW that was behind you 2 blocks back. LOL. And its not just dudes doing it, these little girls fly by their boot heels to.

Me, I'm just glad my car will still do 70 mph.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,100 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

I love the people that don't know how to use the center turning lanes that run for blocks at a time. PEOPLE you can pull into the center turn lanes 1/2 a block away, 100, 200 or 300 feet away and drive up to & stop even at the driveway you want to turn into. Provided there is no car coming toward you in the center turnlane.

Don't get in the turn lane 8 feet from where you need to turn, thus partially blocking the through lane bcause you pulled over to late.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,100 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

The other day me and my boss were on a delivery. Some DUMB BITCH was using the parking lane as a right turn lane. Here we are in our WIDE GMC cube van. There is no way in hell my boss is going to let her hang half her car into our lane and he lays the horn on solid while she thinks we are going to let her in. She moves over while giving us the "birdie" while I roll down my window and yell every profanity you can think of :-) We were less than 4" inches apart and the lugnuts on the front rim were about to make pretty artwork on the side of her car! Had we had the old '84 yellow GMC beater we would have put the trunk into the side of her car on principle.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

HAHAHAH, a fellow Chicagoan. Been there done that ;)

Reply to
Rex

I remember going through Chicago to go somewhere and there was this girl in a MB C230 Kompressor and we were going like 80 trying to keep up with traffic and she just passed us. Then we came back a few nights later and traffic was going like 70. Is it like high-speed mornings low-speed nights or something? (BTW...that was like everytime that I've been in Chicago it's happened like that).

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Pretty much true. If the traffic is low to moderate, most people will be going 70ish, while the far left lane will be going 80+ whenever possible. But in rush hour, you feel fast going 5-10mph. I love this town, I wish they expanded their highways to make more lanes for rush hour

Reply to
Rex

Bob, see what you started! LOL ...please tell us what speed your going while hangin out in the left lane. Here In Ontario if you doing under 125km hr/

75mph your the bad guy and not only can be fined for holding up traffic we'll curse you till the cows come home! I love to see this happen when a cop pulls you over for holding the traffic back in the passing lane.
Reply to
Lanze

Phillip asked : Is it like high speed mornings, low speed nights or something?

Must of just been those particular cars at that time.

Chicago's Interstate System is probably the biggest abuse of the 55 mph speed limit.

I've driven through WY,MT,SD, KS, AK,CO,NE,IA,MN, WI, IN,OH, KY,TN, GA,FL, IN,OH,PA,MI, NY,NJ, NC,SC,LA,MS,VT,ME,NH and other states that have a 65 or 70 mph sped limit and its rare that you have a constant flow of traffic doing 25 to 35 mph over the speed limit. But in areas that are 55 mph people tend to drive 25 to 30 mph over the 55 limit..

If I - 80 going running just below Cleveland can be 65 mph then I - 94 that's close to 25 miles west of Chicago can be 65.

Last time I went up north traffic was running a high 80 & no Police in sight.

Zooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,100 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Thats why we call people driving in Wisconsin with Illnois plates F##$'ing Illnois Bastards! They drive like maniacs!

LOLOLOL

Reply to
Dennis Smith

I don't mind it, it's kinda neat going thru it at night. And more lanes won't help with rush hour, you'll always have the people waiting and cutting off other people to get into a lane that they think is going to go faster or move longer.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

I remember going thru and past the WI/IL tollway it picked up from ~70 on the WI side to like 80 on the IL side. I don't mind going with traffic :P

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Today I was going from Milwaukee to Cudahy to pick up my cousin from school and no one in Milwaukee does the speed limit...well...a few people do but they tend to be seniors...and there was a 9-5 that was doing the speed limit. I also remember going upnorth for deer hunting about 4 years ago and this one Illinois Suburban passed us, we passed him, he passed us again, we passed him again (we were going a steady speed too...) back and forth for like an hour and we were going about 80 mph. Have you noticed our average highway speed is going up?

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

bob shiply wrote in alt.autos.gm

Several years ago I spent 3 weeks in Pennsylvania. And while there, I learned that Penn drivers hate to have someone in front of them in the same lane. No matter how far ahead of them you are, and no matter how fast you are going, if they can see your tail lights they will speed up and pass you. After I got back to Seattle, I was called out to work at 3 in the AM. I was driving down a 6 lane street in the center lane. Behind me about 3 blocks was a set of headlights. We stayed in the same relative positions for a couple of miles, nobody else on the road. I was coming up on a right turn so I checked to make sure the lane was clear, and the car was still way back. I changed lanes, looked in my mirror and here comes the car, doing about 60 in a 35 zone. I thought to myself, must be from Pennsylvania. Sure enough, he passed me, then pulled in front of me and slowed to the speed limit. Giving me a good view of his Pennsylvania plates. I shook my head, and made my right turn. I have seen this same behavior a few times since, usually a car with Pennsylvania plates. What is with that?

Reply to
Dick C

To Paradox: You must have a VERY stressfull drive anywhere you go!

I'm in Iowa, and there's just a little bit of all kinds of stupidity here. Holding up traffic, taking 10 minutes to pass a semi in a four lane. Passing on the right usually doesn't bother me too badly. But people around here will pass on the gravel shoulder, and actually on oncoming Dodge truck did this coming the other way and fishtailed trying to get back on the road. It wasn't fun seeing this monster barely in control coming toward me. I was pissed. The biggest one for me is people tailgating. I love when I go to work and I drive the speed limit and some stupid person rides my butt all the way until it divides into four lanes, at which point I see that the coast is clear and nail the gas just to piss them off. As someone else mentioned, here, in the 65 zone they will do about 75 mph. And the 55 zone, the also do about 70 to 75. Oh yeah, I hate when I'm the last car in a line on the highway, and someone pulls out and then turns left. Couldn't they wait for the last guy??

Anyway, there's too much to complain about.

Funny thing is, we all complain, and yet everyone else is the one causing the annoyance.

have a good one everyone, Tony

Reply to
Tony V.

Hi. I think the question was about what you like about driving, not what you don't. It would seem the poster you were responding to enjoys pissing off drivers like you as the best part of driving.

Anyway though, looking at your response above, I can't help but make a comment and ask a question. Left lane doesn't equal fast on most streets or roadways. Left lane does equal fast lane on roads where you only enter and exit on the right side (like interstates for example). Now the question, what if cars next to each other are both doing the speed limit; is that a problem for you?

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Reply to
SgtSilicon

Amen to that. Also, please turn into the NEAREST lane when turning onto a street, not whatever farther out lane your lazy ass feels like leisurely & gently arcing into.