What does GM have to go toe to toe with this??

Page 4 of 6
Perhaps that is true in your world. What is the color of the sky in your world LOL
mike

It's blue.
Now please explain to the audience which orifice you pulled your fuel economy numbers out of below.
I can tell you from personal experience that a Volkswagen engine will get best economy at around 3500 RPM or higher; a Studebaker V-8 of all things is perfectly happy and delivers reasonable economy as high as 3000 RPM.
Of course, your rectal data trumps real world experience every time, because you're the amazing anonymous engineer, service manager, fleet coordinator, or whatever the hell you feel like calling yourself this week. You're not fooling anyone, "Mike," so why don't you just cut the shit and stop trying to impress us with your "knowledge" and just hang out, have a virtual beer, and maybe learn something?
nate
Mike Hunter wrote:

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Hyabusas are fine if you want to race, but if you want to cruise and have the torque to easily pull away from most cars I prefer Harleys. Not only that you pull much cuter woman on a Harley...its a proven fact women love men who ride Harleys.
Johnny Cakes wrote:

You do know what Hyabusa means in Japanese right? It translates to "I wish to be an organ donating SQUIDLY poser"....
I myself take a different approach. I ride an 86 Venture Royal with a VMax power plant in it. You should see the looks you get when a full dress bike is draggin' the pegs at 130 mph.... While listening to tunes from the stereo!
--
Steve W.

The only venture I ever heard of was made by pontiac...dont know about any Max V bikes or whatever they are called.

You wouldn't know. You've never seen one.

I rode bikes for 59 of my 81 years and never had to lay one down but, I've seen many who have. If you are indeed riding at 130 MPH may I suggest you sign an organ donation card? ;)
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

So far I've only been in the saddle 31 years. I have been down twice. Once was my fault for not avoiding a cager who ran a red light and tagged the rear tire. The second was when a dumb brown animal decided she needed a ride. Nothing like going along at 55 mph and having a 150 pound doe jump onto the pillion!
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

All I can say is that's one hell of a doe. It's hard to find a doe that big anywhere in the country. In fact, most whitetail bucks taken every year are less than that. Not that it really matters - a 100 pound doe is equally distressing at 50mph.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

If we'd collided my guess would've been half ton. :)
Captain Midnight wrote:

LOL... yeah, stuff does look a lot bigger when it's coming at you at a mile a minute. Had half a brick fall off an overpass once onto the hood of a car I was riding in once... looked like it was falling in slow motion, but the dang thing looked as big as my head. Would have killed me just as dead had we been about two feet farther down the road anyway...
sad thing was, it was my friend's car and we'd just finished painting it a couple weeks earlier. I did most of the shooting and I was pretty proud of it. The windshield held (as evidenced by the fact that I'm typing this) but there was a pretty good sized dent in the hood where it hit first. Just to keep it on-topic for this NG, it was a 1970-something Impala that I believe was his grandfather's car...
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Seriously lucky indeed Nate. A few years ago a couple of kids in the area thought it would be funny to drop a cinder block off an overpass on I-81, onto a passing car. It went right through the windshield and killed the driver. Was a real shame. It's just too bad there is this kind of stupidity in the world. Glad your experience was less dramatic.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

don't deserve a second chance.
How true, hitting a rabbit in a turn can kill you. ;)
mike