What does GM have to go toe to toe with this??

Page 5 of 6

If I needed to look like a Hollywood second to get women I'd feel like a loser.

he feels like a real loser. Anyway who want to ride a bike that sits your ass up in the air while leaning on the gas tank? I hate being behind those bikes looking at some guys ass as if he is ready to be mounted. It just looks so gay...especially if he is wearing shorts shorts with flip flops.

dumb enough to believe a commercial.

Go to any city in Italy. Not that speed of course, but the small scooters and bikes do the same at every traffic light. When it turns green, it is like cockroaches startled by a light. That yellow line down the center is just a suggestion, not a demand to stay on one side. You've not driven in real traffic until rush hour in Rome.

To me, Paris is much harder to navigate than Rome...Drivers are much more aggressive, and more of them...If you go to the French riviera, you will really see people doing crazy things on motorcycles...Looks like action sequences to movie thrillers.
Or Boston LOL
mike
wrote in message

In most states one is expected to stop for a red traffic signal, not wait for the traffic to stop. LOL
mike
wrote in message

No, I drive Boston fairly regularly; downtown, airport, Storrow Drive, etc. Comparing Boston to Rome is like comparing a kids birthday party to a major brawl. I've driven every major city in the US and none compare.
Another advantage to a owning a Harley, over any other bike, is you do not loose you shirt when you want to sell it LOL
mike
Torque has real world advantages but HP is still HP. Might just

fixing so you throw them away and buy another one.
My bought a $#it load of Jap bikes for myself and my two sons over the years because they were cheap. After giving them away so many times we switched to Harleys. In two or three years you could sell a Harley for nearly what it cost new. My sons and my one daughter all have Harleys today. ;)
mike

impersonation.

just over 10k miles. I sold my old HD at over 40k miles and it still ran like a top.

MCN did a owner survey its so bad. Most Harley riders don't put enough miles on their bikes to have a problem under warranty so it's cheaper for Harley to pay for the engines of the few that actually do ride.
It's been fun but discussing this when the most believable person is someone who races a Venture at 130MPH its pointless. I'm out of it.
Captain Midnight wrote:

That is NOT my normal riding style. I normally just get on and ride. This past year was a low miles year though. Only turned in 10,000 for the year. The bike is currently torn down so I can finally repair a problem in the clutch. Also decided to strip it to the frame and blast and powder coat the frame and rear swing arm. Polish and clear the rims and do some repaint on the panels. Then do some upgrades on the wiring and lights (adding LEDs in some areas) and putting her back together.
Been looking at newer bikes but haven't found something I like yet because I want something with an upright seating position. The closest thing so far has been a BMW but I don't like the vibration of that boxer engine. May just have to find a last year first generation Venture (93)and completely go through it.
--
Steve W.

Have a Suzuki with 60K+(2 minor repairs) and a Honda 30K+(maintenance only). Poser!

Torque in the RPM range normally driven gives the best performance.
Another thing to watch for is the need of premium fuel to achieve the HP and fuel consumption ratings. Noticing the very high compression ratio of the Camry 3.5L V6 I asked Toyota what fuel is needed. They said premium to achieve the ratings.
Copying the japanese car styling is a big mistake because most of them are hideous. This altima rates a 7 on a scale of 10, but is one of the rare exceptions.
The current toyota camry is just as ugly as the Aztec, a one on a scale of 10. The honda ridgeline is uglier than the aztec, a zero. (Please don't park that thing where I can see it). The honda civic is a 3 and I don't see many of them on the streets. The hot selling toyota corolla is only a 4 to me. The japanese are revising their jelly bean styling by adding lumps. The headlights on their minivans and many cars are frog like.
Most GM cars have only managed to get up to the 5 mark The cobalt / pursuit is a 6. The G6 is a 4 as are the expensive buicks. The cadillacs are 3's. By comparison, my boring jelly-bean 97 cavalier is a 4. The new mustang is an 8, the only one I can think of that is outrageously expensive. The chrysler sebring was a 7 but they revised it to a 5 by making it look like a saturn. All of chryslers other cars are starting to look like trucks and SUV's. The SUV is dead dead dead. They have never done anything at all for me and they are churning them out, all looking alike.
Car makers have to stop using the color gray. No more grey interiors. A grey car looks like they didn't bother to paint it. GM has very few nice colors, all of them are greys, silvers, sands, dark muddy colors. I guess the color really doesn't matter if the car is a 3 or a 4 anyway.
Just a few of my unsolicited opinions.
--
Denis Roy
"Johnny Cakes" < snipped-for-privacy@goodyear.net> wrote in message

Strange, the ad campaign for the solstice seems to showcase the different colors, all bright and primary that they paint it. Of course a troll sees in black and white so they don't notice the colors.