What does GM have to go toe to toe with this??

Page 6 of 6
Now that you mention it, the solstice and saturn sky are beautiful cars. 8's and 9's all the way. Too bad it's only a two seater, impractical. Go
out and have fun with it, but go home to switch to another car when it's time to get groceries.
Transfer similar styling to the grand prix or the G6 and they wouldn't be able to make em fast enough to keep up with the sales. People would actually get excited about them.
--
Denis Roy

"john graesser" < snipped-for-privacy@tca.net> wrote in message

Thats what I have been trying to say...just make a beautiful car and people will beat a path to your door...GM and Ford cant understand that. Ford is pushing the new Fusion, it looks like a cross between a civic and a 72 Pinto. Lord help them.
That may be your opinion but the Fusion and the Milan has outsoared the Camry and Accord in several recent consumer survey, including CR, and comparison tests by the buff mags.
mike

That may be true in ride and quality but the fusion is still not much to look at, the milan has better accents and look a bit better.
As with woman, beauty is in the behind of the holder, or something like that ;0
mike

<snip>
Gee, Toyota and Honda sure sell a **lot** of cars. Could it be that they are building the cars that people want to buy and Little Three are not building them?
My $0.02. YMMV
Except for the fact that GM sells more cars in the US than Toyota or Honda, they just do not have the same brand name on the grill. ;) .
mike

Could it be that GM sells more cars then Toyota or Honda?

4
lumps.
pursuit
3's.
is
for
OK lets go back further...a 67 GTO is 9, a 69 Chevelle is a 9, a 69 Mustang Mach 1 is a 10! A 69 Dodge Charger is a 10. Today styling is all but dead. If its got 4 wheels and a funny name tag it will sell.
When I was a teenager, what was important was a loud muffler, lots of chrome, a great stereo, and cool looking wheelcovers.
I'm alot older and wiser now.
Now, I don't care if it's a brick on wheels. I want it to haul my ass to-and-fro day in and day out. with as little problems as possible.
I don't want to tinker with it, fuss with it, or worry about it.
I want it to last ...as least as long as the payment book.
A trip to the dealers for service shouldn't be like a trip to the dentist.
....and I want good gas mileage too.
<rj>
well my G6 convertible looks almost the same as the Nissan. How much does their altima convertible cost? but I do agree GM needs to do something like build a car that doesn't look japanese or is it the japs build cars that look like american?

cant
You call that styling? It kills me the way people cry about GM styling and compare it to Japanese styling as if those bland lines on the imports are something special. Man - there is nothing appealing about the styling of that Nissan.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

You are partly right the styling is OK I think but not beautiful, but the sad part is that GM has nothing that comes close in this category except maybe the G6 convertible as long as you keep the top up. Sadly it resembles a bathtub with the top down.