What is the 3.9 v6 the general is using now?

wrote in news:h9Hwh.6016$zH1.4501 @newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

In the early 90's, I owned a 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS (bought for 600 from a salvage yard; I had to replace a fender/hood on it; 600 ain't bad for a

5 year old car with 60K miles). That was a real cool car. Old school rear wheel drive. It had the 4Ag-E engine -- DOHC, 16 valves, EFI, etc.. Same engine as the MR-2 had. It redlined at like 7500rpm. It sounded like a Ferrari Testarossa. It was tuned for performance; if you knew how to shift, you could blow the doors off most cars. But an American car (even a large one) with a properly set-up V8 would mop the floor with that Corolla GTS, with no shifting required. As the driver of the 455ci SD powered 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge said (in the great car film '2 Lane Blacktop'): JUST COLOR ME GONE, BABY!
Reply to
Grappletech

Put four overhead camshafts on a 455 cid V8, tune it right, and see what you can get.

The separate overhead camshafts offer a world of tunability options. Admittedly, you can do a lot with a single camshaft pushrod engine.

Reply to
<HLS