What's good rotor replacement for Alero?

My alero's front rotors are shot and need to be replaced. What does everyone recommend using for replacements? Raybestos? Brembo?

Reply to
svadas

Raybestos, Wagner, or Bendix. They're all good, but I prefer Raybestos.

Reply to
Bruce Grant

I have never had any problems with any of the major name brands. Raybestos, Wagner & Brembo are some of the good brands. I think that Raybestos has two lines of these, "Raymold" and "PG Plus". The PG Plus is their professional line while Raymold is the bargain line.

Personally I stay away from bargain line brake parts. I save plenty of money by providing my own labor, but I want professional quality parts and supplies!

John

Reply to
John Horner

You should be Ok with anything not made in China or India. Quality control borders on the non-existent there.

Reply to
MisterSkippy

Of course the original from GM made in the USA are a lot better....

Reply to
rick

made by GM?

i thought someone else made them for GM...

Reply to
Koolaid

Ok then, made for GM , under GM spec. and monitored by GM in the good old USA.

Raybestos, Wagner, are respected company, and they are buying rotor in China, are happy with the product and are happy to put their name on it.

Jeezz you make me laugh with your US quality...

Reply to
rick

They are probably the rotors made in China. Every part that is handed to me every day in the parts counter at our GM dealer has a tag telling you what country it was made in. You would be amazed at the number and diversity of countries that make parts for GM. And lately, the tags are starting to say "made in China" at an alarming rate. Note: Alarming to the customer, not to me....it'll keep me very busy.

Anyone who thinks that most of GM's car parts are made in the USA is very naive, or very un-informed. You guys down there should be up to speed on "outsourcing". I see it being discussed on the US news channels all the time.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Just put new Bendix rotors on my daughter's 2000 Alero. Original rotors (from wherever GM got them) were apparently warped and causing a shudder when she hit the binders.

New rotors came from Advance. One was made in USA and the other was made in Canada. My preference is if at all possible to buy parts made somewhere within our hemisphere, preferably in the US. My reasoning is based mostly on patriotism however misguided that may be. I'll take my chances.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

There is nothing wrong at being patriotic.

Too bad that the giant like GM, Raybestos, Wagner etc don't beleive in the same thing.

Reply to
rick

I don't think you are misguided at all. I think that outsourcing is serious stuff and will come back to bite us all. But then, you can't blame the manufacturers....they (in most cases) simply give the consumer what they (think they) want.

We used to get aftermarket rotors that were made in China, but we no longer do as the quality was terrible, and while you could make the initial sale....then you had to deal with the aftermath. It's better to send customers away that want to use shoddy parts, you will be ahead in the long run.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

complsants. ner buy an thinbg from china. theasme has band all metal product from bing used in power pipinf or presure vels construction., a power plant in mid wet use products fron chiba pir and fittig fell apart wnen chemical checked did not cobtaib proper amount of mater had sworn paper fron maker stating it had all chemical properites aws required. all pipin plant replace. rotors are cast iron ( nick name pot metal because it is from scrap metal no quity control in what goes in or tempcured at. use a mane brand nus ,canada or germsany all good metal forming process aproved busme for presure vesaels anatomic reactprs.

Reply to
raven

A few years ago there was a recall in the electric power industry concerning recently supplied Chinese pipe fittings. The fix was to replace all of them. You may also remember that there was a big scandal over counterfeit fasteners supplied from our Chinese friends. The bolts were marked as high grade, but were actually ordinary steel.

lrxus no complsants. ner buy an thinbg from china. theasme has band all metal product from bing used in power pipinf or presure vels construction., a power plant in mid wet use products fron chiba pir and fittig fell apart wnen chemical checked did not cobtaib proper amount of mater had sworn paper fron maker stating it had all chemical properites aws required. all pipin plant replace. rotors are cast iron ( nick name pot metal because it is from scrap metal no quity control in what goes in or tempcured at. use a mane brand nus ,canada or germsany all good metal forming process aproved busme for presure vesaels anatomic reactprs.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

WTF??

lrxus no complsants. ner buy an thinbg from china. theasme has band all metal product from bing used in power pipinf or presure vels construction., a power plant in mid wet use products fron chiba pir and fittig fell apart wnen chemical checked did not cobtaib proper amount of mater had sworn paper fron maker stating it had all chemical properites aws required. all pipin plant replace. rotors are cast iron ( nick name pot metal because it is from scrap metal no quity control in what goes in or tempcured at. use a mane brand nus ,canada or germsany all good metal forming process aproved busme for presure vesaels anatomic reactprs.

Reply to
vince

vince queried:

Yeah...I was wondering about that one too. I think he just had too much to drink.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Vince and Ian,

Didn't you read this at the bottom of Raven's post? That's what my comments were directed toward.

have used rarbestos nver a problem . used on fleet trucks to boses lrxus no complsants. ner buy an thinbg from china. theasme has band all metal product from bing used in power pipinf or presure vels construction., a power plant in mid wet use products fron chiba pir and fittig fell apart wnen chemical checked did not cobtaib proper amount of mater had sworn paper fron maker stating it had all chemical properites aws required. all pipin plant replace. rotors are cast iron ( nick name pot metal because it is from scrap metal no quity control in what goes in or tempcured at. use a mane brand nus ,canada or germsany all good metal forming process aproved busme for presure vesaels anatomic reactprs.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Sorry, now I'm confused. I was simply commenting on that paragraph of gooblydegook....which I doubt originated from you.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to