what the hell were GM thinking?

Page 2 of 2

the
Merhaba Sleeker, Wow..It was a quite surprise to come across someone on the internet who knows about your hometown. I am actually from Aydin province that Kusadasi belongs to. People here still love those old US-made cars and I am one of them too. I lived in the USA for more than 7 years between 1994-2001 as a graduate student and I know quite a lot about American cars. I had a black shiny '88 Chevrolet Celebrity (3 spd auto, ac, cruise, column shifter) as my first car. I drove that car for 5 years and I still miss it. I also had a '88 Olds Cutlass Calais with Quad 4 engine and that car was pretty nice too. A lot faster than the Celebrity..If the taxes and fuel prices were not so high in Turkey, I would love to import a low-mileage '94-96 Chevy Impala SS in cherry color but that aint gonna happen unfortunately thanks to our rip-off government.

Yeah, the fuel prices are ridiculously high here.. 2.40 YTL (New Turkish Liras) / liter. To give you some idea, 1 $ =1.28 YTL . We got rid of 6 freaking zeros from our currency to make the reading easier!

tv
on
Corsa 3

I checked out VW group cars too (VW Polo, Skoda Fabia and Seat Leon) but found out that they were not as fuel efficient as I would like. I had to chose between Corsa 1.2 liter and Toyota Yaris 1.0 liter and I chose the Corsa over the Yaris simply because more horse power (80 vs. 65).

Yes. they were Fiats..Those cars were called as "bird series cars".. So we had the Eagle (wagon), Sparrow (smaller one, copy of Fiat 123), Falcon, and Hawk (copy of Fiat 131) . They never changed during the 20 years of their production and thank god that we got rid of them couple years ago. Turkey has changed very much since the last ten years and now we make lots of good quality cars. To name couple of them, Toyota Corolla Sedan and wagon, Honda Civic, Ford Transit and Transit connect, Renault Megane sedan, Fiat Albea and Palio.....and these cars are mostly exported to European countries

No problem! Hoscakal..
Ahmet
Turkey