When the Japanese Take over the the US Auto Industry the US will have Hell to pay

Page 2 of 2

Unless, of course, they're one of the 10's of thousands ford and gm lay off.. in which case they'll be in georgia begging Kia to hire them.
Not likely. There are plenty of folks who already have shown they are willing to work for substandard wages, why do you think all of the import brands are locating where they do? That is like saying that if the domestic do go under all of the workers now working in the import plants will move to Mexico or China when the imports pull out of the US ;)
mike hunt

With respect, you're just wrong. I've heard plenty of podcasts and read articles over the years talking to nissan, honda, and toyota execs about whether laid-off workers apply and relocate to Texas, Tenn., etc. for the chance to keep working. JP
Perhaps but will the they be willing to relocate to Mexico or China when the imports pull out of the US ;)
mike hunt

Dunno because neither you nor I know if that ever will happen. We do know, because it is a demonstrated fact, that Japanese and Korean brands have and are building more plants in the U.S.
Why do you raise the specter of a bogey man and ignore the pleasant reality that exists? If low cost to produce were the only thing that matters to the Japanese and Koreans, there would be no car plants in Japan and the Koreans would keep all there manufacturing in Korea.
Do you actually want your bogey man to become real? Sounds to me like you do. Is it barely possible that these Korean and Japanese car company executives who are building plants in the U.S. and Canada to employee our fellow citizens at good wages are not the low down money grubbing SOB's you seem to think they are? There is a co-op I work with studying mechanical engineering. His dream is to find work with a Japanese car manufacturer...here in Michigan. I think it will happen. So does he.
Toyota is not the enemy of GM or Ford, the enemy is within.
- GRL

well, probably not. but you're talking about something that MAY happen 20-40 years from now. Nissan, hyundai, honda, kia, toyota (specifically) have made a commitment and stated their long-range plans to build in the markets their selling. If toyota, etc are building plants here in the US, their making a long- term capital investment which they're NOT going to demolish in the next 5 years just to relocate to Mexico. However, IF washington doesn't start working on and seriously start talking about an economic plan similar to the european union, I think in the 2nd half of the next century we'll see an acceleration of manufacturing going to our southern-american brothers. JP
The government has a plan to help small companies They do so mostly by killing big companies

you mean by allowing the megamergers? Like diamler-chrysler? BP? the recently announced AT&T-Bellsouth? At&t wireless with cingular? If nothing, your statement is 100% opposite from the truth. JP
Ever hear of the adage, 'Be careful what you wish for it may happen.' If you think the EU is a model the US would want to emulate, you obviously do not know much about the EU LOL
mike hunt

the EU right now has it's problems... no doubt! However, with the economic sun rising over china, and their 20% of the world population Europe has seen the necessity for the LONG TERM of a unified economic system. I truly think that if the USA, Canada, Mexico and our brothers to the south don't start thinkng the same way, it's just a matter of time until we're overshadowed by one of several larger economies.. either an individual country or economic 'unions'. I know you'll argue with me, Mike, but I'm not talking 10-20 years here... I'm talking 100-200 years. JP
I can't wait. ;)
mike hunt

Booboo Baker wrote:

I don't think that is going to happen, but even if it did, the Koreans and Chinese will be there to keep the Japanese on their toes.
It isn't so much that the Japanese are winning the war in the US market as it is that the US based companies are loosing it. Much as in amateur sports, it it the error rate of the opponents which often determines the outcome.
John
Lets not forget when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!!!!!!!!! When the Democrats get in office, the American Car market will be #1. ;)
Don't forget, the Demos were in Executive branch office in the 90's.
What makes anyone think they will live up to any broken promises?

Also, don't forget the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor!!!!!!!!!
When the Communists get in office, the Asian and European Car markets will be #1.

Also, don't forget the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor!!!!!!!!!
When the Communists get in office, the Asian and European Car markets will be #1.

If you can't beat, sell out alaready.
When the Axis Powers take over the US Auto Industry the US will rule!!!!!!!!!
Also, don't forget the Axis Powers attacked Pearl Harbor!!!!!!!!!
Also, don't forget Al Bore invented the Internet!!!!!!!!!
Also, don't forget WJC was featured on the front of the Esquire Magazine Genius Edition!!!!!!!!!
When the Bleeding Heart Liberals get in office, the Asian rice rockets and European Kraut Car markets will be #1.

Same thing...you just said it differently.