When to change plugs, PCV Valve, and Fuel Filter on 2001 Buick Century

I have a 2001 Buick Century with about 40,000 miles on it now. I was wondering When I should change the spark plugs on my car? I have always done tune-ups on my cars (new cap, rotor, plugs and wires if needed) at about 40,000 miles. My previous cars were Ford Taurus, and Dodge Spirit.

Also, I have always replaced the PCV Valve every 40,000 miles, and I have not done that as of yet. When should I change the PCV valve?

Lastly, the fuel filter has not been touched yet. When should that be replaced?

thanks

Reply to
Car Guy

Plugs at 100,000 miles or 160,000kms There is no inteval listed for the fuel filter or the PCV. Replace when restriction is suspected.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

We would be interested to know what the owners manual says for parts interval. If you have one.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 999 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

My owner's manual states: Rotate tires each 7500 miles. Replace passenger comparment air filter at 45000 Replace engine air filter at 30000 miles Change automatic tranaxle fluid at 50000 miles under severe conditions or 100000 mile otherwise. Change plugs at 100000 miles Change coolant at 150000 miles No data PCV....I change mine at 30000 miles No data on gas line filter Oil change recomendations each 10000 miles or when oil change light comes on...I change mine at 5000 miles (In 70000 miles the oil light has not come on) because this engine seems to run dirty ie. oil is very black after a 1000 miles or so, even when new. Ernie

Reply to
ernests131