Where did they hide the PCV valve on the 1999 Olds 88???

I've had several people look under the hood and nobody can spot the PCV valve. I feel sure the car has one because I looked up which blister pack to take off the shelf in a parts store thinking I would go home, find the valve and swap it out. HA!! Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Universal Inquirer

Open your hood, look to the left of the plastic intake manifold. You'll see a MAP sensor with a 3-wire connector on it. CAREFULLY (these things are brittle) release the two plastic side clips that hold the MAP sensor in place. Underneath where the MAP sensor was, there's a hex nut molded into the MAP sensor holder. Locate the appropriate sized socket and turn this holder less than one turn to the left and remove. You'll find your PCV valve hiding under the MAP sensor holder. You might need some needle-nose pliers to pull it out, as it's recessed. I broke my first plastic holder, but a whole PCV valve kit including a removal/insertion tool, MAP sensor holder, PCV valve, and possibly a few other parts was less than $13 from my local GM dealer.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Maxwell

Roger, Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try ASAP. I may go ahead and get the replacement kit first - Murphy's Law etc., etc. I had hoped there would be some kind of Area 51 or JFK assasination clue involved with this that would account for the difficulty of finding the info you provided. Happy New Year! Gordon

Reply to
Universal Inquirer

Reply to
Marky