Where is the stimlulus mony going?

Page 2 of 8
What part of "Those that can not afford to buy it get it for free," did you not understand? Surely you have heard of Medicaid for the POOR?
How does one not buying their own medicalcare become a problem for other taxpayers? They will get it any hospital because of the federal Hill/Burton Act..
If those on Medicaid do not have a car to go get their free Medicaid should we buy them a car as well? LOL
wrote:

Bullshit. There are income limits for getting Medicaid.

Don't show your utter ignorance so easily. NOTHING is for free.
Canuck57 wrote:

From Heinlein's "Stranger In A Strange Land":TANSTAAFL (T)here (A)in't (N)o (S)uch (T)hing (A)s (A) (F)ree (L)unch.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

True,but Medicaid is FREE to them just as Obama care will be "free." ;)

While it might be the most expensive, having lived in 4 countries with 4 different systems, Canada, US, UK and NL, I can say the US system is the best by a long shot.
Americans are about to learn how government will justify tax increases under the guise of health care, and then spend most of the money on pet corruption schemes. Ask Obama why none of the health care proposals are not designed to prevent government skiming?
THe reason is simple, sell them rationed health care, jump taxes and more slush money for a bankrupt government. That is the straight no BO no BS answer.
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 09:40:00 -0600, Canuck57 wrote:

NO! It can't be! It's run by money grubbers who's only interest is the Bottom Line! (er, wait..that's actually true...) But they also spend some of the money for the latest technology and treatments so they can keep charging top dollar.
What these people don't understand is the government is going to go into the hole trying to provide the same service, because in part they are poor money managers, and in part because a lot of them have never run a business, and in part because the average beauraucrat just doesn't care.
Getting government involved in healthcare is just NOT a good idea, and I think it's the guy who keeps answering you that doesn't believe the Canadian doctor that treated me once in the ER asked me to pay $20 US, and then *POCKETED* it!

You were clearly an idiot for paying it.
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 17:55:14 -0400, 80 Knight wrote:

It was either that or get a bill for the full service.
Next time ask before you put your foot in your mouth.

So you got a discount, and are still bitching.
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 18:57:37 -0400, 80 Knight wrote:

Right over your head, wasn't it?
Besides the $20 pocket cash, they billed my insurance co too. Do I have to have the doctor call you and tell you what he did with the $20?

Why don't you foment some revolution in Canada, land of queens. And don't try to say you ain't canadian while you cash your pay "cheque". Goddamned wimpy canadians living vicariously through America.

Why don't you foment some revolution in Canada, land of queens. And don't try to say you ain't canadian while you cash your pay "cheque". Goddamned wimpy canadians living vicariously through America. ================================================ What is it like to be an ignorant prick? Canada would do just fine without you, and you know it.

Just keep your wannabe tough guys occupied up there schtupping moose. ==================================================== Sorry to break it to you, but "Canuck" is one of you. He was born in the USA, and just likes to move to different countries to bitch and moan about how bad they are.

Actually, born 28 miles north of the border in Canada. But I have lived 10 years int he USA, and in Scotland and Norway. And that is just where I have lived, visited is a very long list. My Dad was born in the USA as were his parents. Lots of Canadians have families that straddle the border.
BTW, I love the USA. Best country in the world but not without it's issues. But with this bailout corruption and debt-spend mentality of BO, I fear it will not be as good as a country as it once was when the BO bills come due.
It saddens me to see America stoop from being the land of opportunity to the land where government coddles your from womb to tomb. America is really the last best hope for a real land of opportunity as most countries it is about herd management and government control.
On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 08:26:30 -0600, Canuck57 wrote:

And that's just what the current crop of 'leaders' wants.
Seems to me we were doig fiarly well without them, when WE were the manufacturing power of the world, when we were the financial leader of the world, and we did it all without government telling us how to do it.
Ever since more and more government regulations have been put in place 'for our own good', America has lost it's grip as an economic power.
Personally, I prefer Japanese goods and cars, but there's no reason we can't lead in other fields.
Let me give you an example: I work for Dell as a Field Service tech. On a Latitude D620 or 630, once I get the thing open and replace the errant part, it takes me 15 minutes to assemble the parts back into a functioning unit.
Let's say the average American makes $16 and hour. Once all the various sub-assemblies are collected, that's $4 to assemble a functioning unit.
If a Chinese worker makes $2, that's $0.50. OK, it's $3.50 less manufacturing cost to have it made in China. Overall, the difference would be about $30 per unit. Of course, we're ignoring shipping costs here.
I'll pay the extra $30. When you're talking a difference of $1750 and $1780, it's worth the $30 to have it say, "Made in USA".
When you figure in shipping costs, it's probably only a $25 difference.

Quite true. How many people know that during the largest growth period of the USA (and Canada) that there was no government income taxes? With a low burden from government, banks and corporations on the dole, the economy thrived quite well which attracted people from all over the world.

And efficiencies. If your utility bill, mostly taxes, is larger than what someone in India makes, you can't compete. Part of NA's competative problem is statism, and it's associated costs. Including such counter productive bailouts and crap.

It isn't just about the hourly rate. Chinese often automate at their wage levels to get quality and speed of assembly up. Nothing is sacred to cost cutting and efficiencies. And I mean nothing, they even look at returns and defects weeding out waste ruthelessly. That attitude alone is a great competative advantage. Some clown that gets peanut butter on the parts is going to be sent packing, no union rant, no BS, gone RFN. Of it something is wrong, management doesn't have to contend with policially correct appeasement and grand standing bullshit found in NA organizations.
The reasons China makes the Dell PCs parts is a lot more than just $10 of workers wages per unit. It goes to taxation as well. All costs of corporate, personal, civic, provincial and wages considered, they just are better. Take CEO's, in NA it is $12M but in China, it is a whole lot less. China would look at that as an army of productive workers and quickly fire such extravigances.
There are a lot of reasons why China and India are waxing our arses. NA Government deflection, debt, mass denial, just make it worse.
And it isn't going to change until one of two things happen. North America might wake up in a decade or two, or three, but don't count on it soon. The other event is that China grows affluent, fat, lazy and as corrupt as we are. But I suspect we will not live that long to see it.
On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 10:29:13 -0600, Canuck57 wrote:

It happened in Japan. When they started in the 50's they were lean, mean manufacturing machines, with a hungry workforce. They developed their skills, and took the auto and electronics industries by storm, esp for packing more value and features into the product at a lower price. The thing was, there was also quality, and I think the Japanese lifestyle had something to do wit that.
Now, they are becoming more Americanized to a degree, and they are also having the actual work done in China. The Chinese will soon be doing their own engineering, and Japan will also be outside looking in, the way we are right now.
We have the brains, the skill and the know-how, and we are also grwoing a hungry workforce just by the sheer numbers of people looking for work. But the Japanese and Chinese had one thing we didn't: discipline. If you didn't go to school, you didn't work. Period. And the schools made sure the kids had the skills needed to be productive. Here, we're too busy teaching Political Correctness and other bullshit kids don't need. So we get three classes: the leaders, the manager, the movers and shakers; the somewhat educated workforce, and the welfare dregs. The first two have to work to provide for the last one.
You know what they do with the dregs in China?

Haven't got a clue, but I bet the "dregs" don't get 40" flat TVs and a free ride while workers settle for 14" hand me down TVs.
It is hard to compete with courtiers where the annual working mans wage is less than $1,000 and there are far fewer government regulations that restrict business.