Where is the stimlulus mony going?

Page 5 of 8

You forgot the part about how Bush signed the first stimulus package and the bank rescue.
Jeff

Perhaps, but it was the Dim Controlled Congress that enacted the spending legislation, the only branch of our government that can appropriate taxpayer money. Then went on to pass the green legislation that is sending 2.2 Billions of YOUR money and jobs off shore. LOL

Really? Prove that 2.2 billion dollars are being sent off-shore. Please account for the profits of the dealers, all the cars bought (note that the 4 of the top ten cars bought with the money are Fords - made in the US), and that the companies who sell foreign-brand cars in the US are actually US companies, although foreign-owned. And, as, foreign-owned US companies, they pay US federal and state taxes.
Jeff

m>
When did this become a "CARS" thread? It is the GREEN bill that is sending 2.2 BILLION of our federal tax money to those foreign corporations for R&D, dummy. Why are we giving Nissan, a Japanese corporation that does not a penny in US federal corporate income taxes, millions to make batteries for cars being made in Japan. Good for workers and taxpayers in Tennessee perhaps but not the workers and taxpayers in any other state.
Giving a single penny of the now 3 Billion "CARS" money to foreign corporations is simply one more BOs screw up, in any event.
wrote:

Really? Prove that 2.2 billion dollars are being sent off-shore. Please account for the profits of the dealers, all the cars bought (note that the 4 of the top ten cars bought with the money are Fords - made in the US

Please, you don't to call people names.

What are you talking about? CARS stands for "Cars Allowance Rebate System," and is known as cash for clunkers.
Nissan's US subsidies do pay state and US income taxes, just like any other US company.

None of that money is given to any foreign corporation. Rather, that money is given to people to spend on vehicles. If you don't like that people can use the money to buy vehicles made outside the US, why not write your Representative and Senators?
What someone buying a Ford Focus made in Michigan? Some of the components are made outside of North America.
We now have a global economy. And the entire global economy is in a recession, not the US economy.
Jeff

You are confused again. The 2.2 Billion in R&D money given to foreign companies, of the 4.4 Billion in the green bill, has nothing to do with "CARS." dummy.
The 2.2 BILLON is going to corporations in China, Russia, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, and Brazil. Do a search, WBMA.
wrote:

Please, you don't to call people names.

What are you talking about? CARS stands for "Cars Allowance Rebate System," and is known as cash for clunkers.

On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 09:44:01 -0700, Jeff wrote:

<SNERK!>
Worked for Delorean...

Uh, wasn't the Delorean stainless steel?
said:

The external body panels were stainless steel.
Aluminum for panels is not too hard to work with, but for structural members it is challenging. And it isnt immune to corrosion.

You betcha, stainless no rust. I wish I owned one of those and a 59 Edsel.

I know where there is a virgin Edsel. The woman who owns it has had it garaged since her husband, a local dealer, was killed in an accident some years ago. It should be absolutely cherry.
If you are serious, let me know. She will not sell it now, but is getting on in years and it WILL come onto the market before too long.
The NADA Collector Car Guide lists a top of the line Edsel Corsair 4 Door Hardtop, in average condition at up to $15,000, not bad for a car that cost less than $3,400 when new.
However any vehicle that has been sitting un-driven for all many years will cost a boat load of money to have it restored.
wrote in message news:nospam-

Anti-rust law? Can't they just use aluminum?
--
Funny, a typo on my part. Consumers would like anti-rust on a GM.

> You can't

Bush started it. If it were such a bad idea, why did Bush go along with it?
On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 20:42:08 -0700, Jeff wrote:

Why did Obama continue it?

Ever met a lib-dim that didn't like a good debt-corruption spending spree?
On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 06:51:05 -0600, Canuck57 wrote:

Hmm....now that you mention it...

Bush started it. If it were such a bad idea, why did Bush go along with it?
--
Lots of reasons....

- lame president cooperating with new President