Where is the stimlulus mony going?

Page 6 of 8

Don't forget these are the same type of politicians and bureaucrats that ran the Carter administration and the result will be the same , higher inflation , interest rates and double digit unemployment that those policies caused. LOL

A large part of that deficit is because of the stimulus package that Obama signed. In addition, we wouldn't have been in this financial mess if the members of Congress provided proper oversight for the banking industry. Both the Democrats and Republicans share responsibility for this. So to blame it all on Bush is mistaken.

Jeff
The lack of oversight and extra spending was the fault of the Dim controlled Congress not Bush. He tried to stop the Dims from spending too much money but his veto's were overridden.
Search the Congressional Record for the facts, WBMA.
wrote:

A large part of that deficit is because of the stimulus package that Obama signed. In addition, we wouldn't have been in this financial mess if the members of Congress provided proper oversight for the banking industry. Both the Democrats and Republicans share responsibility for this. So to blame it all on Bush is mistaken.

Jeff

Bush vetoed only 12 bills, none of which major budgetary items (although some did have to do with spending).
http://uspolitics.about.com/od/electionissues/tp/Bush-Vetos.htm
You need to learn to take your own advice and check your facts before you make an ass of yourself.
Jeff

Are you trying to tell us you still believe that the President determines the amount of spending?

Are you about to suggest that he has ZERO influence with regard to spending? Be very careful with your response. This is a trap.

The President submits the budget to Congress, which then changes the budget. So, the President does not determine the budget, but does have a lot of input. In addition, the President may veto the Congressional budget bills.
So, no, I am not saying that the President determines the amount of spending, although he has a lot of say in some parts of the budget (a large part of the budget, like Soc. Sec. spending is not discretionary).
However, i am saying that your claim that Bush vetoed Dim spending bills (most of the budgets that Bush had the option of vetoing came from Republican Congresses, so Dim is right) is incorrect. Only four of Bush's 12 vetos were overridden by Congress, and none of them were primarily budget laws.
I would also add that I find it hypocritical that you point out in some posts that the President is not responsible for the budget, then blame Democratic Presidents for budget deficits and give credit to Republican Presidents for budget surpluses and low taxes, while not having Bush take any responsibility for the budget deficit for the last fiscal year for which he was responsible.
Jeff

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 08:14:25 -0700, larry moe 'n curly wrote:

Your tin-foil hat is way to tight.
Bush didn't run in the last election, Nimrod. Obama got elected.
Now, you're going to try to say the banking bullshit is all Bush's fault, when on at least two occasions he asked the Banking committee to look into bad loans, and Barney Frank and Chris Dodd ignored him.
And the whole housing thing was started by Clinton.
Nice try, but again, you look like an idiot.
One can point out those fact, to the lefty kooks in the NG, over and over again but they will still try to get others to believe their goofy ranting.
Even when you tell them to search the Congressional Record for the facts they will not and still tell the same lies over and over.

Wrong. Typical dem BS. Fact is that Nixon had a balanced budget in 1969.
The idea that Clinton balanced the budget makes me laugh. He spent money like a drunken sailor when the country had 8 good years.

National debt and balanced budget are concepts that can easily be lost in BS.
Actually it was the Republican Congress that balanced the budget, in any event, under Clinton

Mike wrote:

Two words, Goldman Sachs some directly, most of it indirectly. A band of Gypsies wouldn't have a chance with that bunch.

Please, no racial comments, like a band of Gypsies.
Jeff wrote:

Sorry about that, Goldman Sachs and a group of Gypsies?
I suppose it was the Congress under Bush that passed the bill that is sending 2.2 BILLION off shore, as well? LOL
wrote:

Please, no racial comments, like a band of Gypsies.

Really? You're welcome to believe what you want, no matter how stupid it is.
Jeff

Can we assume you do not know President Bush left office in January and the Dims gained control of the Congress, longer before the green bill was passed, the bill that is sending 2.2 Billion of taxpayer money off shore? LOL

You can ASSume what you want. From your comments, facts are not that important to you.
However, you have yet to show that $2.2B is being sent offshore, especially considering that four of the top 10 vehicles bought with the stimulus money are Fords.
Jeff