Where is the stimlulus mony going?

Page 8 of 8

What other country is occupying foreign nations; what other country is involved in 2 shooting wars; what other country is fielding a civilian mercenary army of at least 200,000 men; what other country spends more on defense than the rest of the world combined?
You pussy arm-chair war-mongers spending taxpayer money to send somebody else into war. Just go to a bar and pick a fight once a week. That should satisfy your inner needs.
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 08:27:56 -0700, edspyhill01 wrote:

What country had 3,300 innocent people killed by foreign terrorists?
That was almost as many as Pearl Harbor, except Pearl Harbor involved military personnel.
We're talking innocent men, women and children. If you want to turn the other cheek, that's fine. I dont.

See how either/or you are? I didn't ask about 911. I'm pointing out the much broader reality of what we spend on the military, active occupations and active wars. America spends more on national defense than the reat of the world combined and that includes China and Russia.
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 10:05:07 -0700, edspyhill01 wrote:

Better check your figures on China, champ.
They've had a big ramp up on military spending since 2006.

Even with their increased military spending, we STILL spend more on defense than the rest of the world combined.
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 15:05:40 -0700, edspyhill01 wrote:

And the downside is?
But of course, Obama is going to cut that spending, and we are going to be as weak as we were when Carter was in office.
There's something to look forward to.

Perhaps in raw dollars, but China is growing much faster. They are quite a capable armed forces.

Quite true. While they don't have mega-aircraft carriers, they have some nice nuke subs and tons of people in the army.
On Sun, 09 Aug 2009 08:58:00 -0600, Canuck57 wrote:

Are you sure you're Canadian?
Must be a Tory...

That _might_ be true on a dollar basis, but it is not true on a percentage of GDP basis. China and Russia and North Korea all spend more on a GDP basis than we do. Lots of countries spend more than we do on a percentage of GDP.

Liars figure and figures lie. I don't care how you spin it, we spend more than the rest of the world on defense.

I don't disagree.
But it is important to understand the percentage of income we spend on defense, versus the percentage of income that the others spend. We spend something like 3 or 4 percent of income on defense, the other three I mentioned spend something like 15% of income. That's roughly 5 times what we spend as a percent of income.
If I make $100k per year while you make $50k, and my wife spends $3k on make up and hair color, and your wife also spends the same, then your wife spends DOUBLE what my wife spends on a percent-of-income basis. Neither looks better than the other, but one spends far more.
Defense spending is measured the same way, on a percent of income basis. National Defense spending is never measured in raw dollars, it is always measured as a percent of income. We might spend more on a pure dollar basis, but so what?

None of it is going to mercenary contractors in Iraq. XE/Blackwater isn't getting a cent. None of it is going to defense contractors.
===========You're right, it's going to ACORN instead. The ACRON that is widely accused of violations in voter registration laws in 16 states. ACORN that wants to run the next census count by CALCULATIING democrats in the inner city while ignoring Republicans in the rural areas. ACORN that that has ties to ultra leftist individuals like Bill Ayers and Barack Obama. ACORN that is still ACORN but goes by different name(s) so it can avoid prosecution for past illegal deeds and connection to future illegal deeds.
Yeah, Blackwater is the Bad Guy. Sheesh.
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 13:48:49 -0700, Jeff Strickland wrote:

Whadya expect? Bush was the bad guy, so wnything associated with him was bad.
Obama is the Knight in Shining Armour, and ACORN are his legions, spreading the word of the Messiah.
Amazing, isn't it?

Yes. F---ing amazing.

Another rightwingnut circle jerk of sound bite phrases.

Proof? Links? Information source? NO? To bad, you're an idiot.

Ask the bigger question, where did the $100B of Canadian and US government money go? Details, not wash overs by a big mouth talk a lot BO. Details...
People voted poorly for lib-dims in congress and the senate. Lets hope in 2010 they think before they vote.