Where is the stimlulus mony going?

Anti-rust law? Can't they just use aluminum?

Actually, anti-trust law has nothing to do with this. Antitrust means companies can't gain up on other companies. Like Apple and Google can't have their CEOs on the boards of the other company. And oil companies can't collaborate to set gas prices.

Actually, General Motors Company is scheduled for an IPO next year. And it was Bush's administration that started the nationalization of various banks.

Jeff

.
Reply to
Jeff

And the financial companies did a good job of selling mortgages, too. And sold those mortgage-backed securities.

See above comment.

Yet, companies that buy computers usually don't see it that way.

They want to keep the extra $25.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

It happened in Japan. When they started in the 50's they were lean, mean manufacturing machines, with a hungry workforce. They developed their skills, and took the auto and electronics industries by storm, esp for packing more value and features into the product at a lower price. The thing was, there was also quality, and I think the Japanese lifestyle had something to do wit that.

Now, they are becoming more Americanized to a degree, and they are also having the actual work done in China. The Chinese will soon be doing their own engineering, and Japan will also be outside looking in, the way we are right now.

We have the brains, the skill and the know-how, and we are also grwoing a hungry workforce just by the sheer numbers of people looking for work. But the Japanese and Chinese had one thing we didn't: discipline. If you didn't go to school, you didn't work. Period. And the schools made sure the kids had the skills needed to be productive. Here, we're too busy teaching Political Correctness and other bullshit kids don't need. So we get three classes: the leaders, the manager, the movers and shakers; the somewhat educated workforce, and the welfare dregs. The first two have to work to provide for the last one.

You know what they do with the dregs in China?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Worked for Delorean...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Uh, wasn't the Delorean stainless steel?

Reply to
Conscience

Reply to
Mike

It is hard to compete with courtiers where the annual working mans wage is less than $1,000 and there are far fewer government regulations that restrict business.

Reply to
Mike

The external body panels were stainless steel.

Aluminum for panels is not too hard to work with, but for structural members it is challenging. And it isnt immune to corrosion.

Reply to
hls

You betcha, stainless no rust. I wish I owned one of those and a 59 Edsel.

Reply to
dbu''

I know where there is a virgin Edsel. The woman who owns it has had it garaged since her husband, a local dealer, was killed in an accident some years ago. It should be absolutely cherry.

If you are serious, let me know. She will not sell it now, but is getting on in years and it WILL come onto the market before too long.

Reply to
hls

Haven't got a clue, but I bet the "dregs" don't get 40" flat TVs and a free ride while workers settle for 14" hand me down TVs.

Reply to
Canuck57

Anti-rust law? Can't they just use aluminum?

Reply to
Canuck57

The NADA Collector Car Guide lists a top of the line Edsel Corsair 4 Door Hardtop, in average condition at up to $15,000, not bad for a car that cost less than $3,400 when new.

However any vehicle that has been sitting un-driven for all many years will cost a boat load of money to have it restored.

Reply to
Mike