Where's the clutch go?

A friend of mine has a 1965 Chevelle which he is restoring. It originally came with an auto trans. He wants to change it to a manual trans. But he doesn't know where exactly the clutch rod goes through the firewall.

I was wondering if anyone has a manual trans 64-65 Chevelle could maybe take a few pictures of the firewall just in front of the driver under the hood. That would give him a good idea where to put his.

Thanks.

Reply to
PM

You don't want to do a half ass job on a nice old muscle car. There are plenty of restore/parts places on the net or maybe even in your town. Get an assembly manual from one of them for your car. That will tell you more things about how that car was originally put together then you can even imagine. It probably costs $20-30, of course, it has been 20 years since I needed one. They are worth it, trust me.

PM wrote:

Reply to
Jon

and the rod/linkage (bellcrank) that goes from the engine block to the frame..Hopefully you have an older block that has the boss necessary for a standard tranny bellcrank. (It's a pivot, that turns the forward motion of the pedal into rearward motion down to the release fork) then you will almost see where the hole for the rod goes through the firewall.. It will be where that rubber plug is! Those bodies were made for both manual and automatic, so I'd imagine the auto tranny model just has a plug in the hole where the shift rod is supposed to come through on the manual model.. my $.02

Reply to
Sportster4Eva

Yup, what he said. If that block doesn't have the boss he's sorta screwed isn't he? I thought the ball for the bellcrank screwed into the block.

Roy

Reply to
Roy