Which 1987 vehicles have a V6 4.3 engine?

Which 1987 Chevy vehicles have a V6 4.3 L engine?
I'm trying to locate a tube for the oil dip stick for this motor. Motor is in a boat and the boat dealer want's $65 !. I'm sure the tube off a
car/truck motor would work fine.
(I'd paint it with some good marine paint to prevent corrrrosion.)
I'd be very gratefull if someone knows how to find out.
Kip
snipped-for-privacy@Junkyahoo.com remove "j**k"
remove "j**k"

Geeze - that shouldn't be so hard to find. Head out to a local junk yard and poke around. You're bound to find something that will work in a half an hour.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Pretty much every RWD GM car and truck from 1985 to 1998 use that engine (more or less).

Full-size Chevrolet cars; Astro minivans; full-size chev trucks. These 3 for sure. Check aftermarket performance auto parts for custom, flexible, mount anywhere kits--maybe stainless, but I'm not sure. HTH, s
sdlomi2 wrote:

I would suspect, but cannot confirm, that a small block V-8 of similar vintage would use the same dipstick, as the 4.3 is just a 5.7 with two cylinders lopped off.
nate

I'd agree w/that guess and expect, at most, only a slight mod needed to make it work. s