Which anti-freeze

I put new upper and lower intake gaskets on a '98 olds Intrigue 3800 a couple years back. I used that kind of all purpose anti-freeze that is said to be okay to put in vehicles whether they use the old green kind or dex cool. I just bought that kind so I could buy the same stuff in my older and newer vehicles, instead of having two different kinds. I don't know if that was the right thing to do or not. And it has now began to run low on antifreeze. It doesn't leave any puddles nor have antifreeze smell. I did the upper manifold job VERY meticulously and can't imagine having botched it and getting a leak. Used all top quality parts as well. It was probably at least 20-30K miles ago I did it. Unless that anti freeze could have caused a problem?? I just bought a jug of Durex anti freeze while at the local farm supply store. It says "Universal" and that it's okay for aluminum. It says it meets GM standards 1899M and 1825M. But if it's the stuff that is compatible with any color antifreeze, it doesn't tout it on the label like the other such ones do. I looked in the owners manual and couldn't find anything pertaining to GM standards 1825M and 1899M -- it just says to use Dex Cool. So, if a jug of antifreeze meets those standards, are those the stardards for a 1998 Olds Intrigue?

Reply to
blowout preventer