White Coolant Residue

A few days ago I was doing a regular check of fluids and left the radiator cap off. After driving a couple of miles I smelled it, pulled over and replaced the cap. Back home after it cooled I went to check the level and saw this residue...

Photo color may not be true -- actual color is a little darker than milk cream.

Any idea what that could be? Radiator was flushed out and pressure checked about 3 months ago and had the same thing. Radiator shop said he had no idea what it was.

Tastes like a metallic salt to me.

Reply to
Guv Bob