White Spots On windshield

How do you get rid of those nasty little spots that only appear when it rains . Not streaks but spots .They only appear when the wipers are being used. I am told they are water spots. Some say use Bon Ami ,
ceramic tile cleaner , vinegar and water. The spots are very annoying , I find myself only looking at them and not the road. I tried windex etc. It seems like they are right in the glass.
It's called RainX.
:-D I just cut the cheese!
I use the RainX and it keeps my windshield clean and clear. No streaking and no road film. Use it correctly and it works great....
GM found out years ago that those spots are a type of fungus. GM dealers used to sell a washer fluid called Opti-Kleen or Opti-Klear (something like that) that took care of the problem. The problem is that the fluid was expensive and the spots came back later. I tried the Rain-X stuff but then my windshield streaked like crazy when I used the wipers.
****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveninces attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
Rich B, are you still looking for the spellchecker for your sig line?
---Bob Gross---

Didn't you know, Jefferson was an awful speller !
Thanks Bob. Spelling is one of my pet peeves and even though this thing doesn't have spell checker for the signature (go figure), I should have checked it. HEY! it's one of my pet peeves but I never said I was good at it.
****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
RWG,
Its to incunveeniant for Rich B to use spell checker.
LOL
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
You need to CLEAN your windshield. Use Bon-Ami. Available at any supermarket next to the Comet, Ajax, etc. It is bleach so rinse it off immediately, and like the logo says "hasn't scratched yet". Windshields often get crap on them that normal glass cleaners cant touch. After, use rain-x + new Anco wiper blades. You WILL be impressed. Just my .02

You get streakes if you don't buff off the excess enough.
:-D I just cut the cheese!