Whooping sound coming from left front tire

1995 Buick Century..Intermittent 'whooping' sound comes from left front tire. I'm trying to diagnose problem. Could it be a wheel bearing? What should i look for to nail this down?

Switch that tire to the back see if the noise moves.

-

Yes, it could be. Check for play in the bearing by pulling on the top and bottom of the wheel while jacked up. On my FWD car, it was a hub assembly, not the old $5 bearing that gets replaced.