Why are all these people knocking GM ?????????

Page 1 of 5
It is so funny, all these people in here talking badly about GM.
I guess it just shows in here who is the real mechanics and who is not, because if you are a real mechanic then you would love GM, Chevy and
Fords. The reason being is because if you are a real mechanic you would know that GM, Chevy and Fords always have problems and as long as we have GM, Chevy and Fords, us real mechanics have job security.
If all the cars where Honda and Toyota made then we would have less mechanics and of course less work to do.
So, thank you for GM, Chevy and Fords and I pray to God they don't catch up to Honda's or Toyota's technology.
James
I should say American Made Cars actually, because Dodge, Chrysler Jeep are just as reliable and need just as much work as GM, Chevy and Ford.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I wish I had that much free time that I could spend it trolling on newsgroups.
You forgot to include the brand you buy, or do you think it will never breakdown? ;)
mike

If they are made in Canada or Mexico then they are not American. Toyota is more American than Ford's Mustang (their Sienna has more American parts) or DCX. The current Big Three is GM, Toyota, Ford.
You forgot to say in my opinion Do you count the majority of Toyotas made in Japan and Canada? Do you include the parts from all over the world that are sent to Canada for assembly as Canadian part of Japanese or American parts?. The fact remains 80% to 85% of all the vehicles GM and Ford sell in the US are made in the US of America parts and sport a '1' as the first number of the VIN Less than half of what Toyota sells in the US are assemble in the US. The ONLY Toyota made in the US with over 70% American parts are those made in the GM/Toyota California plant, like the Pontiac Vibe, that have a '1' as the first number of the VIN. ;)
mike

Mom, Apple Pie and...Toyota? http://tinyurl.com/me54d
Read it and weep Mikey.
Once again you forgot to say in my opinion ;)
mike

wrote in >

Objective fact is not an opinion, it is fact. EOD.
GM has never had a reliable deisel, fords rust at the speed of sound and you wonder why honds and toyota are taking maket share by default? American corporate shortsitedness has bankrupted the auto industry, it deserves to die a natural death so your chinese masters can buy up bankrupt assets at a dime on the dollar. Jim Higgins wrote:

Yawn. Lesson 1: Don't top-post. Lesson 2: Fuck off Lesson 3: No one I have known with a GM deisel has had any complaints. Lesson 4: Toyota's rust just as much as anyone else does. Lesson 5: Fuck off, again.

Only those incapable of objective evaluation buy Detroit iron, especially the likes of GM.

Yawn again. You can take your Honda and follow my 5 lessons as well. Well, at least a couple of them.
This crap about top posting is pedantic.
THIS is a top post.
Absolutely bullshit.

It just makes it eaiser to read a post when people post under the previous poster's comments. That's the way I find most helpful anyhow.
On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 17:39:46 -0500, 80 Knight got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:

I suppose it would have helped, too, if "hls" had some reference in the post to which was being referred.
<shrugs>
--
kai

If you had followed the thread, you should have known exactly what I was referring to, and who made the original remark.
Crabbing about top posting is pedantic.
When I did not copy the thread, I assumed you would realize that a top post is the same as a bottom post, especially when there is no intervening historical material.
For me, reading top posts is far easier than arrowing down to the bottom of a post. Sometimes these threads contain many many intermediate posts.
So, arrow down if you like, post at the top if you like. Doesnt really make any difference.
On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 19:54:11 +0000, hls got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:
<snip>

You're ASSuming I have the thread loaded in my newsreader. I don't do that and to ASSume I do is rude.

No, it just makes sense.

Right, so your post was worthless.

Then trim the irrelevant material.
--
kai
I started to read your post with interest, but it was so disjointed, I gave up. ;)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:06:04 -0500, Mike Hunter got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:
<top posting from another Windows user corrected>

Then let's discuss beer.
There's a nice straightforward topic.
--
kai