Why don't I trust my dealer?

Today I had my oil changed at my local Chevy dealer (2001 Prism). They recommended a power steering flush and induction service. The car has about 42000 miles on it. Is this a scam or are these services
necessary? At the last oil change they said I needed a transmission flush. It's always something.
---MIKE---

>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Forget the p/s flush, could use a throttle body clean and maybe some in tank injector cleaner, Chevron Techron is one of the best FI tank additives.
Today I had my oil changed at my local Chevy dealer (2001 Prism). They recommended a power steering flush and induction service. The car has about 42000 miles on it. Is this a scam or are these services necessary? At the last oil change they said I needed a transmission flush. It's always something.
---MIKE---

>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')
-
They are always trying to push something off on you, it's how they make money. For myself, I go by the maintance schedule in the owners manual, whatevers there for the particular mileage, is what I get done.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
---MIKE--- wrote:

These are standard dealer profit improvement program services, not something your car actually needs nor are they anything GM recommends.
You don't trust your dealer for a very good reason, they are trying to take money out of your pocket and put it in theirs! Most dealers pull this crap these days.
John
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:32:39 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

Goat poo... Never "flush" anything but a toilet. Those "services" are just to generate revenue. Done incorrectly a trans flush can damage the trans. Leave the PS alone. Read the owners manual and service by the numbers. You'll do fine. There is a reason "dealerships" are often called "stealerships".