Why GM is Failing BADLY!!!

Page 3 of 3
wrote:

Domestic's 'track record' and reliability are in the negative numbers, compared to the top asian's, BUT Sooooo Much better than the domestic mid 80's quality (or lack of).......baby steps, i guess????........kjun
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Personally, I think small cheap cars like the Cobalt/Escort/Camry are made to look like ugly boxes. Take a look at the expensive cars. Check out a CLS 500, M6, F430, or a Murcielago, or my favorite: 2006 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish. Then look at a Cobalt, Focus, Camry, or any Chrysler product - UGLY! IMO, there is no reason not to make the Cobalt look just like the Vanquish. Stick in a reliable V-6, sell it for $20k and I'd buy one. I will guess that nearly everyone would buy one. They would sell hundreds of thousands of them. Unfortunately, they would not sell anything else. What do you want your next car to look like: http://cars.about.com/od/chevrolet/fr/05_chev_cobalt1.htm http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/vanquish.asp
" Paul " <"=?x-user-defined?Q??= Paul

For that kind of money, you'd think they would have a decent looking front end. That grill reminds me of a fish.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Hmmm, now that you mention it... Looks like one of those bottom feeders.
snip

In the city where I live, there's a shit load of Impalas on the streets. I wonder if all these people can be that wrong about they choice of car.
Does that mean the Camry is a piece of crap? ;)

Do you live in a ghetto? If so, all those Impala's you see are actually unmarked police cars :0
Easy to work on? I guess thats a good point, but not one new car dealers will want to extol to potential customers: "And m'aam, this Brand New Impala is easy to work on ( implying it will be in the shop quite a bit )". :0
My theory stands..GM doesn't have a clue what AVERAGE car buyers want...

Perhaps in your opinion. But your opinion is that of a minority, since GM as well as Ford sell a lot more vehicles than any import. LOL
mike hunt

Mike Hunter wrote:

Hmmm, years back you used to make that claim about GM, Ford and Chrysler. Now of course you have had to back off. In the years ahead you will get to backpedal more.
I am reminded of the armless, legless soldier in Monty Python's Holy Grail movie famously demanding that his attackers come back and fight like a man.
John
I am merely reporting facts, not my opinion. Indeed Toyota is now outselling Chrysler in the US. However for how great some seem think they are, the only vehicle that Toyota sell that leads in it class is the Camry. In most other classes the top seller is a Ford, GM, Chrysler or Honda model. Just the facts the way they are, and apparently Toyota is second, or more to many others when it comes to what American buyers prefer, and thus a minority opinion.
mike hunt
.