Why wont my OBDII scanner communicate

For My chev 2003 Asto Van I am using the correct scanner but it will not communicate. I am wondering if it is common for this to happen? What can I check?

Remove dashes "-----------" to e-mail.

snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

Reply to
Frank White

Shep

Another one for the crystal ball. Scanner you are using. Messages it is getting. Connected correctly and no bent pins. Any blown fuses.

Reply to
Woody

I believe 2003 is when GM started to convert over to the CAN interface bus. I don't think your OBD II scanner is compatible with the new interface. Look into getting an interface module that plugs iin between the connector and your scanner.

Reply to
BoBo

My Wal-Mart scanner works on my sister's 2003 and my mother's 2004.

Reply to
80 Knight