Will my exhaust fall off ?

I have an 85 Chevy Caprice. Just noticed the tailpipe has rusted off at the back of the muffler. Nothing is dragging. The tailpipe is resting on the rear
axle. I checked for hangers, and the only hanger I can see for the entire exhaust is at the tailpipe. So my entire exhaust system ( cat, inter pipe, and muffler) is attached only to the engine exhaust pipe. No hangers. Again, nothing is dragging, but how long can I go like this ? I'm afraid something will snap off ! I don't want to take time off from work, therefore will need to wait at least a few more days before I take it in. Been driving it like this for 3 days already.
Thanks
Crawl under the car grab a coat hanger and hang it like that till you get it fixed.
Jake