Window Handle

Does anyone know how to remove the window handle on a '95 chevy pickup. I need to get the door paneling off so I can tighten the exterior handle. It is falling off. Is there a horse-shoe clip that needs to be removed? I could't really see too well.

Reply to
Jonathan

Should be a C clip on the back of the handle.

There is a tool you can rent / buy to remove the clip.

You can also wrap a rag behind the handle and pull up & down on each end of the rag to snag the clip off.

Good Luck

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

Echo that. I have the tool, but before I got one I used a rag. Must have removed a hundred door and window cranks this way.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Ok. There is foam all around the shaft. I am going to have to cut that away first, Thanks for the advice guys. I'm gonna try it now.

Reply to
Jonathan

The foam is an airflowsheild / baffle, - easily replacable

Harry Face

ya, i fixed the outside handle, not the inside handle just broke. Now I am going to have to break the door down again and see what is up with that. It is time to trade my 95 in for a new chevy.

Reply to
Jonathan