Window switch - Olds

I know someone posted in here about this several months ago, I can't find the thread. Olds Intrigue '98 drivers window works sometimes on the 1st try, other
times on the 20th, when trying to roll it down. Always rolls back up on 1st try.
1.) Since the new switch is a couple hundred bucks, is there any way to dis-assemble the original switch and clean / file the contacts and give it a new lease on life? I would be doing it on the premise that I'd have to buy a new switch anyway if I can't get the old one working. It is the type with the automatic feature that rolls it down all the way with a bump of the button (which I was never crazy about).
2.) Anyone got a link for the least expensive place to procure a new one if I need to go that route? I know the local dealer would probably be the most expensive.
3.) Also, is it the switch _itself_ which gives it that automatic all-the-way-down feature, or does the BCM control that? TIA
dog arms wrote:

It's possible. The switch comes apart but it's not fun.

99% of them are that way.

Salvage yard would be the cheapest. Online Rock Auto probably can get you one reasonable.

Switch and motor do it for the most part. There is a latching relay that trips on when you hit the button and shuts off when the motor stalls and the current spikes.
--
Steve W.