Windshield wipers stuck in vertical position

hi, 2001 buick century, the wipers work but stay in vertical position when turned off. is there a way of fixing this myself? appreciate your help. thanks
les
Bad ground?

Yes, change the motor.
mike hunt
Les wrote:

Interesting the answers you get from people that haven't a clue of what they are talking about. I had this problem with a 96 cavalier. the clutch assembly shifted. I imagine the wiper assembly in the Buick is about the same. Mine came out as a unit by removing four screws and the arms. You can then diagnose the problem. If you are not mechanically inclined you will need to take it to a reputable service shop or the dealer..