Wipers stopped working, then started again

I got an 85 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon. Yesterday it was raining so I flipped on the wipers and they did not work. (they worked a week ago). I figured I had a blown fuse and had to carefully drive home with no wipers (what a pain).

I'm nearly home, and suddenly they start working again..... What the hell???????

I checked the fuse and it's tight, I also checked the plug on the wire motor and it too is tight. The wipers continue to work, and I have turned them on and off numerous times.

I dont get it !!!!!!

Reply to
me

Had same problem on my '87. I fooled around with with all the various connections/etc and finally installed a new motor. No more problem. That was 5yrs ago....still no problem!

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

The wiper motor is something that I changed numerous times on my B and D body cars... the circuitry inside the motor itself gets muddled up. It can be rebuilt, but it's easier to hit the boneyard for a new used one.

Reply to
Matt Keefer