Would *you* buy an orange colored car?

Actually I have 3 questions concerning a possible purchase of a 2003 Pontiac Grand AM GT. It's a leftover so I'm a looking for a good deal.

My wife loves the color orange, she has an orange Apple iMac computer (the only one COmpUSA ever sold in that color according to the salesperson we dealt with) she used to have an International Orange colored Volvo and so forth. What can I say? Love is blind (and so is my wife when it comes to colors!!!)....

So anyway, question number one...

Pontiac Grand AM GT with all the toys including SC/T package with hood scoop/Ram air, Torqued chrome wheels, sunroof...etc....

You name it and this car has it.

So what's the problem?

The beast is FUSION ORANGE!!! It's not even listed as an option in the brochure for the 2003 models but if you look at the picture of the pace car in the book, it's the same color.

So...............

Would YOU buy an orange car?

Question #2...What problems do the 3.4l's have and what should I look out for? I do all my own work and have a Caprice with 304k on it, original engine/tranny and it runs like a dream. Also have a Ford T-Bird (don't ask) and a Golf GTI(great car).

Question #3 I am eligable for GM Supplier Discount which is 4% over what GM employees would pay. I have never used this before, but should I mention it, or bargain first and then mention it?

Currently GM has $3000 incentive, $750 loyalty rebate (for my Caprice) and a $500.00 DEALER incentive.

I appreciate any and all advice and thanks!!

Reply to
David Sprocket

Does everyone remember when Teal and Aqua was a popular colour in the early-mid 90s? How long did that last? 2 years, maybe. I think the yellow and orange phase will fade just as the teal phase did.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I personally wouldn't buy an orange car...but that's me. I'm hearing about alot of the dex-cool mixing in with the oil and killing the engine (I think that's one of the engines). And for the discount I'd negotiate first then bring it up that you have the discount, we've had to do something like that and if you bring it up first the dealer will not go as low.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Right now if the dealer is desperate enough like we have been we have been selling cars and trucks at invoice. If you have a supplier discount that would be more than invoice. As far as the color it was a limited production color. If you can handle looking at it for a few years get it but if you ever go to trade it or sale it you will have a limited buyer market.

Reply to
John

A good visibility color, according the M-Benz's (now Daimler-Chrysler) studies. The '70s orange VWs were classic. I just wouldn't run the car through South Boston on St. Patrick's Day .. . :-)

Reply to
Bill Freeman

If I had an option to get a orange monte carlo, I'd get it and paint the rebel flag on the roof, and then get a personalized license plate that said GnrlLee.

Reply to
Paradox

You bet!! Especially if it says *THE JUDGE* on the side of it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

Yes, an orange 68 - 69 Road Runner ---- beep beep !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Does he have a yellow Macintosh and sort threads by DATE?? :-)

DS

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Colour hardly matters on that vehicle. Did you consider an Aztek too?????

(P.T. Barnum was right)

Reply to
Chris Moore