WOW! I hadda got 35 MPG !

Page 5 of 5

Like my '90 Buick Century, it is Front Wheel Drive. As with all FWD autos, the rear axle and wheels mainly keep the bumper from dragging the ground. Now that's an over-simplification. The real wheels do aid in breaking, load bearing, and handling, but they do NOT transmit power to the ground. Unless the auto is RWD, AWD or 4WD, the rear axle is free wheeling.

The former owner was apparently clueless.
--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA
rightnow snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SSDUSER) wrote in message

I get 32MPG with my Intrigue, so that's pretty good.

Yep, keeping constant speed is key.

They are my favorites, too. Interstates are boring and crowded, with no side views. Yeah, the speed limit is higher, but the average speed ends up being the same because of traffic.

Nah, I leave it at 70+.

That's not optimal. Fuel-injected engines cut fuel off when coasting, but by putting it in neutral forces it to keep fuel flowing. And some fuel is more than no fuel.
snipped-for-privacy@mailandnews.com (Neo) wrote in message

------->>>> goodgod! now i know what idiocity driving this car is! it's got a great interior, and that is crap! it has a good engine, and now that sucks! THERE is something different about the '95 boo-ick century though, i guarantee it..it IS MORE free-wheeling than other years, i tell ya! i was driving ystrday, and thought, "hey you, this is an idea...how could the fuel injectors get not as much gas as theyre getting right now, without affecting the performance???"....like in the olden daze, where you could put in a smaller or bigger carb jet??? ....why couldnt you put in some kind of fuel line butterfly valve, that would adjust the fuel flow to the performance???
thats what i'm saying.............

You mean line what the engine computer already does?
Ted

------------->>> not exactly Ted, what i mean is some kind of thingy that would reduce the flow of petro to the fuel injectors, which would, yes, reduce performance, but increase mpg...........like a "governor", govna!