YES !!! Installed my Waterpump

Step by step, bolt by bolt, gasket by gasket, I did it. Took out Anti-freeze container, then the little protector thing just over the waterpump pulley area,
then unbolted the 4 bolts holding the metal cover over the water pump, then got that off, then could see the old waterpump, then unbolted the 5 bolts holding it in, took it off, scraped off the old gassket stuff, put new one in, etc etc etc..... Seems to be alright, new antifreeze. Thanks again for the help.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

Congrads!!..........you have now seen a piece of SMART engineering! next you should replace a water pump on the great quad 4 and see what a crackhead can design.

Yeah, or try and change the alternator on a 3.4 DOHC. Your choices, take the right tie rod end off and drop the axle, or just drop the sub frame. I mean how many times can an alternator go bad? Errrh, wrong answer, a lot when they are on the bottom rear of the motor. That guy should have been shot.
Brian
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

Feels good to do one's own repair work. Saves money plus you gain knowledge/confidence for the next repair. You may not have the experience of a pro tech, but you got as much time as you need to do the repair. I recommend getting a factory repair manual, if you don't have one yet.
-