00 civic EX slow start

My 00 civic EX starts slow when there is less than 1/4 tank of gas, any ideas?

Tim wrote:

Take a few seconds longer in the morning, and perform the Lamp Check, so your fuel pump has time to pressurize the fuel rail. Then start it.
'Curly'

the manual for our 2005 (EX VTEC) says slow starts can be the computer managing emissions.

My 99 is like that too, in fact if it gets too low it takes forever to start even though there is enough gas to go another 80 miles (2 gallons).