00 civic EX slow start

My 00 civic EX starts slow when there is less than 1/4 tank of gas, any ideas?

Reply to
Tim

--------------

Take a few seconds longer in the morning, and perform the Lamp Check, so your fuel pump has time to pressurize the fuel rail. Then start it.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

the manual for our 2005 (EX VTEC) says slow starts can be the computer managing emissions.

Reply to
JeB

My 99 is like that too, in fact if it gets too low it takes forever to start even though there is enough gas to go another 80 miles (2 gallons).

Reply to
Scott Phelps