01' Accord EX 4-cyl Automatic Overheats...Help

Really shoots up quick when A/C is on and car not moving. Both fans do operate. If I swtich to heat...the temp gauge will start to drop slowly (car not moving). Thermostat ? Car has 79,000 miles.

Plugged rad? Are you using the cheap green coolant?
Does the car overheat on the move?
How's the coolant level in the rad? (check when cold!)
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

The car is a friend of the family. Car is in good shape. Not neglected.Appears to rise when the car sits. Driving the tep level appears good.. Overflow bottle is at level. I will have to check the radiator tomorrow.

I think if everything with the cooling system is ok ? It could maybe be a leaking head gasket? mred

If it was a leaking head gasket, the coolant level in the rad would be low. That's one reason I told you to check the level in the rad.
Also check the level in the expansion reservoir.
Do the checks when the engine is cold!