01 accord timing belt tension

Hi there,
Did the timing belt on my bro-in-laws 01 accord today. Other than having to bring it to a shop so they could zap the crank pulley bolt off with their
MASSIVE 1600 ft-lb gun... (this thing looked like a jackhammer, seriously...) It was a Chicago Pneumatic CP5000. 3 short burps and it was off. The previous 8 attempts with other tools obviously unsuccessful...
However, The tension has me slightly baffled. We followed factory instruction, loosen tensioner, rotate crank pulley counter clockwise so that 3 teeth on the camshaft go by... etc etc
The t-belt seemed to have good tension, but the balance shaft belt was (i thought) a little loose. nowhere near flying off, but i hope you get my point.
Any input or pointers regarding timing belt/balance belt tension is appreciated.
Thx Terry in Winnipeg.

loewent via CarKB.com wrote: <snip chit-chat>

the process that you used for the timing belt, you use for the balance shaft belt.