01 Civic High Beams out

My High Beams are not working, but the Low's work fine.
I have checked the fuses and the bulbs . . . The wierd thing is when I attempt to flas of turn on the highs the "idiot" light on the dash does
not even light up.
Any ideas?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Which idiot light ??? What country are you in?
'Curly'
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

    Have a look at the fuses under the hood. bob
N.E.Ohio Bob wrote:

I have checked the fuses . . .
The "idiot" light I refer to is the light on the dash that tells you your high beams are on; the light does not come on when attempt to turn on the high beams. This makes me think there is some sort of central controlling mechanism that is broken, maybe in the stick from the steering column where you turn on the lights and turn signals?
Greg