01' odyssey A/C damper noise

I have a 01' odyssey we bought new and have 106k and still running strong. (with second trany) My wife has been complaining about a clicking noise in the dash by the glove box sometimes when the A/C is on. I finally found (what I call) a servo that controls the air flow on the passenger side (there is also one on the drivers side). When the A/C is satisfied the motor gets to it's neutral position and hunts a little back and forth (this is her clicking noise). If I turn up or down the temperature control the damper moves and stays there until it get satisfied and when it gets back to it's neutral position and hunts a little back and forth again until it calls for more or less air.

I unplugged and cleaned the contacts on the dash A/C and connectors as well and the plug on the servo.I removed the servo and found I can't take it apart without braking it.

My concern is this a temperature sensor problem with the A/C or a servo problem. Has anyone had this problem?

Don

Reply to
dka_donh

Woody