02 Civic power steering pump noise?

The Civic EX just hit 50,000 miles a few weeks ago. The wife starts complaining about the noise it is making. Sounds like a bad power steering pump or one that is low on fluid. If you've ever heard it, you know what I'm talking about; sort of a whine/groaning sound. The noise changes with the engine rpms. But it seems early for a ps pump to go at 50,000 miles. Fluid is not low. Belt is nice and snug and in decent shape. I got hold of a known good replacement last week, slap it on, fill it up and get the same $#%#$ noise! So now I'm wondering if it is power steering pump noise and second guessing myself. Maybe it is the alternator or air cond compressor, both located UNDER the ps pump. Could either of these make a similar noise? Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks! Dave

Reply to
Dave Nelson

have you checked all 3 belts [p/s, alternator, a/c]?

Reply to
jim beam