02 Oddy blinking "D" of Death

I just want to throw this out and see what happens
    I bought an 2002 Oddy last August and have put just over 10,000 klm's on it (80,500 klm's) total. Last March 27 had the trans
fluid flushed after noticing hard shifing at 40 klh. In June had the first blinking "D" light on dash but no code. Then in end of July had three different times the "D" light came on. On July 30 it gave up a code 27-1 (4th pressure switch failture shifting is delayed). Of course the warrenty is over as of March 25/2007.     The dealer is quoting a new transmision @$ 4100.00. My questions are 1) has anyone had any sucsess(sp) going to a rebuilder rather than the "new" trans     2)has anyone had any luck with getting Honda Canada to pony up some of the cost of the trans? I believe that this is an issue with Honda Canada and a known problem with their transmissions and not a repair issue with the dealer. BTW I have a good relationship with the dealer and feel that good things will come of that after I deal with Honda Canada.
Thanks for any input Owen

"Flushed"?
How?
Did you follow the Honda service manual recommendation for total replacement of the fluid, or did you take it to Joe Sixpack who said "yeah, I can flush that, it'll be $80"?
Did the van have the recall performed?
I think you're looking at a new transmission. Or not, depending on how well you can sweet talk your Honda dealer and/or Honda itself.
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:29:30 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Should have been clearer the fluid was replaced rather than the "power flush" , also done at the dealer. and no recall for the 2002
Owen

down here, they did a recall on the 02 to lubricate 2nd gear.
Joe Sixpack sez you not only never flush your transmission, but you never flush your toilet either. Is that why you are always so full of shit? ROTFLMAO!

Let's see, a redneck makes a joke and then ROTFLHAO about it.
wrote in message

SPAM on butthole. Glad I touched a nerve, and you knee-jerked a response. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We never use Joe Sixpack, because that's where you buy your cheap whisky. Joe sez you're one of his best drunken customers. ROTFLMAO!

Every time you post, I see the Deliverance boy.

Oh, I see I *really* touched a nerve, enough to get two knee-jerks from you Spam Boy. Please do continue to SPAM away butt-Boy. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ........................................................
As most threads on here this one has gone in the toilet.... Visit www.odyclub.com and read some of the threads on the Ody transmission problems....
4100.00.

Oh lighten up Woody. Elmo is a chronic malcontent, and it was fun getting his goat. The thread can continue, if necessary.

Thanks Woody, I will be taking it to the "Oddy Club" , I guess what I was looking for was if all the transmission issues are the same or is there more than one issue with the transmission. Also could a part or part be replaced and be done for less at a rebuilder. I don't want to end up with a "new " transmision and 80,000 k later have the same issue. I guess it chuffs me to see a great company with a great product not own up to the issue with their transmissons.
Owen
Owen Robb wrote:

Actually, they have owned up to it. I don't know why your dealer is trying to charge you for the replacement. Try contacting Honda customer service.

They will, but you must ask. And, depending on the dealership and/or the factory rep, you must follow up and continue to ask some more.
Unfortunately you will probably have the problem again down the road. The problems in the transmission are inherent in the design. One thing is the transmission filter that Honda does not even recognize as being there and do not have a replacement schedule for it. Very few Honda mechanics even know it is there. The 99-01 four speed were really bad, the 02-03 seem to be having a lot of problems. I haven't seen too much with problems with the 04. The 05 on I believe are redesigned and haven't seen much on them.
4100.00.