03 Accord radio light

I was wondering if anyone has had a second failure of the radio light on th eir Accord. Mine failed after about 3 years, was reimbursed when Honda put
an extended warrantee on the unit. Apparently most of them failed in the 2-3 year time frame. The problem was just the backlight; all the functions worked properly, just needed to shine a flashlight on the panel to see wha t was going on.
So far, the replacement has been working with no issues, but am concerned a bout having to eat the cost myself if the replacement unit dies.
Anyone have recent failures, especially on the replacement? Is there a DIY means to repair a failed unit?
Thanks in advance.
On 11/21/2013 5:42 AM, Dave wrote:

I had the LED lights go out on my '94 Accord, but past the warranty period. Now I have an after-market unit in its place that's much better.